mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "one amazzzing idea about Motif XS + Motif XS software editor …….. not Cubase Ai"

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 10:13 PM
radurobert
Total Posts:  794
Joined  03-05-2009

Lets talk about -Motif XS EDITOR-
Piano roll editor inside Motif XS software editor !!!.Thats right !!  Genial idea?. I don t want to use Cubase AI. So i think diferent....Let my explain .My concept, s simple and 100% perfect. So lets all think diferent - Motif XS <>Motif Xs editor - 100% interaction 100% horse power.

I and many users, we want a piano roll editor ,BUT i think this will be perfect ,inside Motif XS software editor !!!, for micro editing arpegios and traks, that we make, using XS internal sequencer. I want a piano roll editor inside Motif XS software editor !!!. I don t want to use Cubase AI . I want to use only Motif XS with software editor, for micro editing songs,arpegios that y make using Motif XS internal sequencer. S simple.
Actually , when I bought my Motif XS6 , I couldn’t even imagine that a top-of-the-line synthesizer would come without this feature.

I think a Piano roll editor would be great, inside > XS software editor.  I really don’t like looking at chords or multiple hits on the same beat in a list format.  It seems very tedious to scroll through each event trying to find the one you want to edit. Bleacs !! . I don t want to use Cubase or other Daws ...  So lets think diferent - Motif XS <>Motif Xs editor - 100% interaction

You agree with me ?.For example y make one arpegio using keyboard. Afther that operation,i seet down and relax,i smoke 1 cigar..drink some alcohol, and with my little mouse pad,i make some adjustments using Piano ROLL inside Motif XS software editor !!, for furture more complex editing, for time corections regarding measures, -micro seconds- .Genial idea?.  Im a pro music maker.So i think diferent. But PIANO ROLL s missing !!.Oh my good
F y make one song inside XS sequencer in many situations, i feel the need to make furture adjustments..etc. So y need Piano Roll for micro editing.,moving notes in perfect pozition ,Rearanging notes in every track, rearanging and adjusting notes s realy necesary for every user.
Motif XS was- 2600 EUR ,Fantom G was- 2500 EUR !!. So y choose Motif XS.. y pay 2600 EUR........I like Motif XS knobs, sounds…But Where s the PIANO roll editor? for micro editing ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don want Cubase AI 4.

Yamaha team must think a little diferent?.  They force my to use Cubase AI 4, becouse Motif XS internal sequencer s a nightmare !!.But this s not the solution this s a compromise. I don t like compromises.I

I want a profesional piano roll editor, inside Motif XS software editor or inside Motif XS sequencer !!, for micro editing arpegios and traks, that y make using internal XS sequencer .I think they will update Motif XS SOFTWARE EDITOR.. S for both interests to perefect XS in all aspects. Yamaha will understand ....Only after that, we can talk about Cubase AI 4 and M lan...Im serious.Im not drunk.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 11:10 PM
MarcelB
Total Posts:  76
Joined  09-30-2008

Perhaps you can set a record and start a “new” topic about the piano roll every 5 minutes.

You appear a bit obsessed by it, by something which isn’t there.............;) A very good song subject b.t.w.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 11:47 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

I’m always a little suspicious of someone who has to proclaim “I’m not drunk”. ;^)

But leaving that aside, let’s take a look at what you are suggesting. Essentially what you are asking for is that Yamaha add full MIDI sequencing capabilities (including capturing song tracks, editing these via a piano roll editor, arpeggio editing and the like). If you ask me, this is quite a lot to request, particularly when they’ve already provided us (most of) these capabilities via Cubase AI which ships with the Motif XS. The XS Editor as currently delivered is a tool for editing voice, performance and mix settings, not MIDI events.

I’m having a hard time understanding why having the piano roll editing in AI is not acceptable to you, but that having it in the Motif XS editor would be. Maybe your concern is that you don’t want to have to use two tools for editing voices, performance and mixes as well as MIDI data. In that case AI allows you to run the editor as a plug-in - making your work environment on your PC an integrated experience.

(Obviously one thing that is lacking in th current setup is the ability to edit and manager arpeggios. Adding that to AI would be an enhancement that I would welcome.)

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 11:53 PM
bbsounds
Total Posts:  93
Joined  08-23-2008

I don’t get it.  I have heard of the saying “the squeakiest wheel gets the grease “ But you are putting a whole new twist to it. “the squeakiest wheel gets REPLACED” Dude, If you continue like this you will be, for one, banned , ignored, and you may need to re-register a new name to post again, hence the word REPLACED :).  I think you made your point. please do not flood this forum with repeated post of the same topic.  I think your translator is working over time.:)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Low volume on new XS7
Next Topic:

Help - User Data Lost ››