mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "should I trade my XS6 for XS7?"

Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 01:18 AM
zzzxtreme
Total Posts:  135
Joined  02-12-2009

hi I just got my used motif xs6 last month for just 1247.

Now, i get another deal, some guy wants my xs6 because he needs to travel a lot. He wants to exhcange with his xs7. all i need to do is to top up us$190.

I use motif at home. i “might” start to join a band part time. Maybe just jam once or twice weekly. If there’s a gig, it will only be twice a year.

Do i need the extra keys? should i get it? I already have an 88key digital piano.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 07:00 AM
Erikje
Total Posts:  6
Joined  02-23-2009

I would do it if I were you, sounds like a great deal. Of course it all depends on what you’re gonna do with it and what kind of music you’re gonna play with your band. But my experience is that whenever I get more options/more keys I will start using them eventually.
Of course, you probably don’t really need if you already have a 88 key digital piano, but it could probably be very handy for sounds other than a piano. Anyway, in the end it’s up to you of course, but I would do it.

Erikje

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 04:11 PM
maymanuel1
Total Posts:  43
Joined  03-26-2008

If I had the opportunity to get the 76 for about $200, I would do it(I play quite a bit of piano on my 6 eventhough I can still manage with 61).. But you must keep in mind that if you are going to be gigging.. you are going to want to get a hard case for it.. which should cost you another 150-?? Depending on what kind of protection you want..
Plus, depending on what kind of transportation you got.. If you have your XS 7 in an skb case and you drive around a ford fiesta, you are not going to be able to get your keyboard around as easily.. You are going to sacrifice cargo space for the extra keys.. plus, if you are a frequent “gigger”, you are going to feel the pain of setting up and breaking it down..
But, since it would mostly be at home.. for $200 you can’t beat the deal..
Jr

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2009 @ 02:34 PM
delirium
Total Posts:  2441
Joined  11-16-2006

I wouldn’t do it even for free. This mean bigger case, less portability and flexibility. And you gain only one octave or so? not worthy.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ editing the drum voice in pattern mode?
Next Topic:

XS Cubase Playback Problem ››