mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "delete user templates mac"

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 10:52 PM
keytarhero
Total Posts:  305
Joined  07-03-2008

I can’t seem to figure out where to delete user templates for Cubase AI4 on Mac OSX 10.5.6

“Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Project Templates” only contains the templates provided and/or downloaded with extensions.

“Users/Library/Application Support/Steinberg” contains no template data

Does anyone know where the user templates are stored?

Thanks so much =)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 11:53 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Sorry, but I’m a bit confused by your question. Delete “User” templates? User usually means ones created by the user, and they would be stored as a project....and hopefully you would know where you stored them. :) Or do you mean the templates supplied with the program that you can choose from when you open AI...such as the default template?
Another question is why do want to delete them...whatever they are?? :) If you have created a template yourself and named it, you could use Spotlight to locate it. Finally don’t forget that a lot of stuff is located in the application folders of programs and you often have to right click on the Application and ‘open contents’ to find it. Anyway, if you could be more specific, hopefully someone here can help. Probably not a lot of folks here that are using AI on a Mac though...................frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 12:37 AM
keytarhero
Joined  07-03-2008

Thanks for the reply frank.

They are user templates.  I have setup cubase the way in which I like to start my projects and “saved as...” a template.  They are separate from my projects and are not in my projects folder. 
The problem is when I make changes to my template and save as the same file name, it simply creates another template with the duplicate name (doesn’t overwrite).  Thus, I have many templates in which I cannot tell apart, as well as others that I simply don’t use and would like to remove the clutter. 

I will try searching with spotlight.  I did searches with google desktop, and found nothing.

Thanks again!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 07:55 PM
keytarhero
Joined  07-03-2008

Yeah—I still had no luck finding the files.  Confusing.

Any other ideas?

Perhaps I’ll try contacting Steinberg.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 09:18 PM
frankE
Joined  12-23-2002

Try this: Create a new template, name it “New Test Template” and watch where it is saved. If a path isn’t shown, then use Spotlight and search for the template by name.
Also did you do what I suggested yesterday and in the Finder go to Applications>Cubase AI or whatever your application is called, right click on the application and choose “Show Package Contents”? That takes you further into a Contents folder, which should then lead you to the Templates folder. That’s where templates are for C4 and C5. Sometimes things for programs are hidden unless you ‘open’ the application. Hope that helps......frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 09:39 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

They are found as follows:

Macintosh HD/Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Preferences/Cubase AI 4/Templates/

Your_Name may be your name or Admin depending on your setup…

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 11:45 PM
frankE
Joined  12-23-2002

LOL, you’re just too fast for me, BM! I only got back to the studio about 15 minutes ago, did what I suggested above and found the user templates. Went to post the answer, but you’d already beat me to it!

Anyway, for the information of others, the C4 and C5 user Templates are found via the same path as AI. Also you won’t find a template folder there though unless you’ve actually created some user templates. The default templates that come with the program aren’t there though...they are in the Application folder as I mentioned above. I expect all this should be more than enough to answer the question posed in this thread :) .......frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2009 @ 03:47 AM
keytarhero
Joined  07-03-2008

Thanks so much, both of you!  =)
Yes, Phil, it was in that folder.  Frank, I was going to try your idea if the path didn’t show anything—it was a good idea!  I really appreciate all the input and suggestions! 

Thanks once again!

Joey

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Cubase Ai transferable?
Next Topic:

Cubase 5 and the new Steinberg extension V1.5.0 etc. ››