mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "What driver should i install for my new mLAN"

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 09:22 AM
Chezaroo
Total Posts:  14
Joined  03-30-2008

I have a Motif XS6 and the mLan16E2 that i have not installed yet.  I have been using the Motif with Cubase and the VST editor using USB and it all works.  Will I need to install other drivers to use the mLAN and if so what driver and where can i find it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 09:36 AM
First Born
Total Posts:  7
Joined  03-04-2009

As a rule of thumb I seldomly upgrade anything, especially if its working, unless the new update has something I specifically need.

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/main/comments/new_software_releases_for_vista_64_bit_cubase_5_and_multiple_product_peer_t/

Did you get a chance to read the link from above, It should answer most of your questions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 03:52 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002
First Born - 05 March 2009 09:36 AM

As a rule of thumb I seldomly upgrade anything, especially if its working, unless the new update has something I specifically need.

I have the opposite view… unless I specifically know of a reason not to apply a software upgrade, I try to keep all of the Motif XS software up to the latest release.

While Yamaha does post a list of new features and major bugs that have been addressed in a particular software update, they do not post an exhaustive list of changes. My experience as both an engineering manager and marketing manager for a company that sells instruments with embedded software is that we do not document obscure bugs that few customers are likely to encounter. The problem for users is that while few of them are likely to encounter these obscure bugs, you could be that one in 10,000 customer to encounter a bug which was fixed in the latest release.

Also, from a support point of view, if you are not at the current software release level and then ask for someone’s assistance who is at the latest level, it may be impossible for them to duplicate the issue for which you need assistance.

Yamaha is pretty good when it comes to software quality issues. I’ve been using Motif class products for over 7 years and I cannot recall an instance of a new software release introducing additional bugs into the instrument.

That’s my 2 cents.

Brad

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ 64 bit driver install problems
Next Topic:

Yamaha Steinberg FW WDM Audio missing ? ››