mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help with VSTi editor"

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 02:35 PM
padama
Total Posts:  9
Joined  11-21-2008

I run Cubase 5, 1.5 Cubase extensions and AI driver to a singular xs8. When I go to set up vsti in the editor, the button next to ‘clear’ is just a blank (no words) black circle. Hence, I cannot route the audio.

Anyone?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 03:33 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

“I run Cubase 5, 1.5 Cubase extensions and AI driver to a singular xs8. When I go to set up vsti in the editor, the button next to ‘clear’ is just a blank (no words) black circle. Hence, I cannot route the audio.}

Cubase 5, ok. We are sure you mean Motif XS Extensions v1.5.0 (there is no such thing as “1.5 Cubase extensions"), and the AI Driver… Ok (but you did not tell us the version or the computer type you are using).

You should check to make sure your Motif XS is set to use the AI Driver, here’s how:

Press [UTILITY]
Press [F1] GENERAL
Press [Sf4] AUTO LOAD
Find the IEEE1394 DRIVER parameter and ensure that it is set to “mLAN”

If not, change it to “mLAN” and press [STORE] to write this to FLASH ROM. You will need to reboot for the change to take place.

If it is set to “mLAN”, fine.

Next go to [UTILITY] > [F5] CONTROL > [SF2] MIDI
Make sure your MIDI IN/OUT parameter = “mLAN”
Press [STORE] to lock in your UTILITY mode settings.

In Cubase make sure that you have selected the appropriate Driver under DEVICES > DEVICE SETUP… > VST AUDIO SYSTEM

You did not tell us what type of computer you are using so we cannot be specific about how this looks. Let us know.

[ Ignore ]