mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can anyone help me-record audio into cubase-PLEASE"

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 03:56 AM
borse63
Total Posts:  7
Joined  01-08-2009

I’m am using the motif xs 6 with a maudio fastrack pro usb and a macbook running on 10.4.11......
Im am simply trying to record audio from my motif to cubase ai4 through the fastrack..
I have the motif output going into the inst/mic input of the fastrack and the speakers plugged into the output of the fastrack. (i have all the updated drivers installed)....ive tried to set the motif xs as quick setup number 2 and 3 but get no signal in cubase...ive also setup the asio in cubase as my fastrack pro...and when i record audio i tried both the monitor button on and off but nothing no waves or anything....NOTE i do not wanna record midi just audio from my motif to the cubase...since I got the fastrack i havent been able to get it to work and its killing me please help me out..I’ve read hundreds of forums totourials and watched many you tube videos but just cant get it to work......even with the quick setup i turned the local on to record the audio and still nothing.im sure its just a minor thing but please help me out thanks in advance to anyone with any help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 04:25 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

“NOTE i do not wanna record midi just audio from my motif to the cubase”

Well, QUICK SEQUENCER SETUP #2 is for when you want to transfer MIDI data from the XS to an external sequencer. And QUICK SEQUENCER SETUP #3 is for want you want to record MIDI data on an external sequencer. So as you can see, neither one of those setups is what you want to do, if all you want to do is record audio from your Motif XS to Cubase.

I suggest you simply use Quick Sequencer Setup #1. This will allow the Motif XS to play normally and then all you need to do is check the documentation of your audio interface to ensure that you have it setup properly.

It is not at all clear if you have any data in the XS sequencer or you really only want to record audio “live”. If you have data in the XS sequencer you can setup Cubase as MASTER MIDI clock and have the Motif XS slave to that clock. MIDI SYNC = MIDI (If that is the case let us know) but is sounds like you simply want to use Cubase like a live recorder…

Go to DEVICES > VST CONNECTIONS > INPUTS

Make sure you have a VST CONNECTIONS INPUT set so that the AUDIO DEVICE is your audio interface and the DEVICE PORTS represent the INPUT PORTS.

Then on the main Track view screen create an AUDIO TRACK assigned to the VST CONNECTION INPUTS you just created.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 03:27 AM
borse63
Joined  01-08-2009

Thanks for the help,
Unfortunately though this does not work for some reason..i really dont understand why it wont work...ive tried everything.for some reason my computer recognizes the fastrack pro as the asio but when i play notes no waves or even volume jumps occur...only time u can see this is on a midi track which i dont even have the midi wires hooked up just the usb.If you have any suggestions i will try anything to get this to work.i setup the devices and under device connections thats all set the keyboard on quick setup one.it just doesnt seem to rcognize the audio...and also now i cant play bk what i record even without cubase on?could that help
?when i record on the keyboard nothing plays bk either even in quick setup one
thanks for any help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 11:10 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Sounds like you have been trying lots of things and have placed your XS in a state that is totally confused.

Here are some things to check.

Press [UTILITY]
Press [F2] I/O
On this screen you want to make sure that you have the mLAN MONITOR SETUP set to “stand alone”. You do not have mLAN so you must use “stand alone”.

If that is not it let us know and we will have your reset your machine and start from scratch to setup your system.

I cannot help with the specifics of your m-AUDIO audio interface, I simply have no experience with it. But it should work like most audio interfaces where you must place it in the proper mode to receive audio signal in; it must have an ASIO audio driver that you must select in Cubase (DEVICE > DEVICE SETUP > VST AUDIO SYSTEM)

Then you must create a VST CONNECTION: Go to DEVICES > VST CONNECTIONS and select the INPUT Tab.

Please let us know what you see on the INPUT Tab screen.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 10:36 PM
borse63
Joined  01-08-2009

Please let us know what you see on the INPUT Tab screen.

ok so i went ahead and reset my xs to factory setting and now it works I can record and play bk.
I setup the asio as fastrack pro under device setup
under the vst connections both the inputs and outputs are under fastrack pro
**stereo in left and right are fastrack pro
but when on cubase my speakers make a hissing noise(they do not make when not on cubase)
there is still no audio or waves or jumping volume when u hit the keys
and it also says
*****vst disabled cause too many receiver errors
it seems as if the computer recognizes the fastrack pro but yet it doesnt work
do i need to change anything on the keyboard?right now its on factory settings
thanks for any help I really appreciate it

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 03:02 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

It seems from your description that the issue is with the Fast Track Pro.  Have you downloaded the latest driver for it from M Audio’s web site ?

The Motif XS works fine by itself and Cubase seems to be working, but the connection between Cubase and the Fast Track Pro appears to be the problem. 

Again it’s the Fast Track Pro driver that communicates between itself and Cubase so look there for the root of the issue.

We found this on a quick search of the Internet and Fast Track Pro driver issues. Don’t knwo if this helps, but it sounds like perhaps the Fast Track Pro driver may not have been installed.

-----------------------------------------------------

The M-Audio install manual specifically says to install the M-Audio driver before plugging in the FastTrack.

What happens is if you plug in the Fastrack Pro before you install the drivers, Windows will install it under a ‘universal’ audio interface device driver, which of course won’t have all the functions and calls Fastrack wants to use for it’s specific hardware. Remember, Windows will always try to recognize anything plugged into it ‘on the fly’, especially USB, so you always have to make sure it’s installing the correct drivers.

What you now need to do is to unplug the Fastrack from the computer, remove the USB audio device from Start->ControlPanel->System->Hardware->DeviceManager->Sound, Video&Game;Controllers (if it appears) , restart the computer, install the M-Audio driver, then plug the Fastrack’s USB into the computer let Windows/your OS detect it.

Instead of saying “USB audio device found”, it should say “New hardware found: M-Audio Fastrack Pro”

--------------------------------------------------

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 05:03 AM
borse63
Joined  01-08-2009

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH
I’ve been trying to get this to work spending hours daily reading forums, articles, and watching videos.
I tried everything and it wouldn’t work.its weird cause i work on a mac and i had the exact same driver installed but the thing is when i bought the fast track it didnt come with an istallation cd so I just plugged it in and then installed the driver..I cant believe it was so simple lol.
only thing that sucks is I had to reset my whole keyboard to factory settings and had alot of great tracks on it but Its well worth it
Thanks you so much.im gonna post exactly how to hook the motif up to the fastrack pro with wires and installation and add some of your help and quotes just so noone else goes through this
Thanks again,
Cheers
Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 05:29 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

You should not of had to lose any data. You should always back your work up to a USB drive before any update or any Factory Reset. This is simply good housekeeping. Before you install any software on your computer, you should create a RESTORE point… it is simply a good habit to get into… same goes for your XS. Backing up your data to a USB drive is like creating a RESTORE point for all your work.

Glad you got it working.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Any word yet on the 64-bit FW driver yet?
Next Topic:

New Drivers/Firmware Query ››