mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pattern Chain Editing"

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 02:38 AM
rajaman
Total Posts:  39
Joined  02-15-2009

Need your advise with Pattern Chain Mode.  I’ve already recorded my pattern (in pattern chain recording,of course) on the XS.  But I want to add the last Section to the end of the pattern.  That is, I want to repeat the last section so that it repeats.

For example, the last section recorded was my Section I which goes from measure 150-179.  In essence, I want to duplicate that section so that it repeats in Section J.  (Or better yet, Section I would play twice instead of once).

When I go to Pattern Chain Edit, two of the available options include INSERT and COPY.  As I stated above my Section I ends on measure 179.  How do I find out what measure Section J begins on?  Or how do I duplicate one section to another?

I believe I can either do an INSERT or a COPY, but I don’t know which to use. 

Hope I’m explaining myself adequately enough for a response.  It’s probably simple, but…

Thanks for your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 11:01 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

What you need to know about is the ‘END’ command.

What the END command does is it tells the Chain when to Stop. If you do not place an “END” command your last entered Section will play just once.

So if SECTION I goes from measures 150 - 179 and you want it to repeat measures 180 - 209…
While in PATTERN CHAIN > EDIT
Press [SF4] INSERT
At measure 210:1:000 place an END command

You will notice that you can insert SECTION letters A, B, C, etc., through letter P, using your DATA WHEEL just beyond letter P is the “END” command…

Press [F6] SET

It is not necessary to insert another letter I, the last entered Section will continue to play until the END command is reached.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ AI4 setup
Next Topic:

Why the increase in price? ››