mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MPD32 and Motif XS"

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 10:57 PM
shinenz
Total Posts:  31
Joined  03-03-2009

Hi all, I am still looking at possibilities of either the fantom g6 and motif xs, the only downfalls of the motif being, no pads, no tap tempo and no chord memory, I can live without chord memory but am wondering is anyone has tried using the mpd32 controller for sample triggering and tap tempo, as I’ve read that it has tap tempo built it. I’ve seen the video online regarding using the karma for tap tempo and am wondering whether the mpd would do the same?

Thanks in advance
Scott

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 11:21 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Yes, the MPD32 appears to send out MIDI clock.  So you would set the Motif XS to External clock and send the clock from the MPD32 to the Motif XS.

There is also this option in the Motif Mart.

34ONEII Tap Tempo Pedal

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 03:16 AM
shinenz
Total Posts:  31
Joined  03-03-2009

Thanks, that sounds good, what parameters can be controlled with tap tempo, eg arpeggios, rhythms, songs and what about tap delays? Or is there another way to do a tap delay on the motif?

Cheers
Scott

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 04:04 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Anything driven by a MIDI clock will sync to the tap tempo from an external clock.  This includes tempo delays and FX, arpeggios, song, patterns and LFOs.

[ Ignore ]