mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Why get firewire card with MOtif Rack XS and Logic ?"

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 11:05 PM
nslhrn
Total Posts:  25
Joined  07-24-2008

I know that the mLan firewire card will give me 16 digital tracks in to Logic. What I don’t know is how it enters Logic. How does the motif show up in Logic 8 or the Audio/Midi setup app) ?

is it a plug in? Or do I have to do some kinda complicated mLan routing into Logic?
With the firewire option does my bounce still have to be realtime?
Can I bounce to track?

I somewhat understand the marriage between Sound Manager,Cubase and the Motif via USB. I’m just trying to find out what the workflow and audio advantages are to dole out for the mLan card.

Screen shots are most welcome.

Thanks all.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 02:44 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

How does the motif show up in Logic 8 or the Audio/Midi setup app) ?

The MLAN is setup in AMS and will show up in the Logic Library

is it a plug in?

No. It moves MIDI and Audio between the XS and Logic. The MIDI (from your controller) can be recorded to either Software Instrument Tracks or External Instrument Tracks (where it triggers the XS) and the Audio from the MLAN is recorded to Audio tracks…

Or do I have to do some kinda complicated mLan routing into Logic?

Is routing complicated? In any DAW recording sixteen tracks of audio (or 8 stereo) routing is necessary. If you are used to routing two tracks of audio, perhaps it could seem complicated initially. If you’re used to 48 channels boards, not at all, it’s a piece of cake… Since you have a RackXS, from Sudio Manager, you tell the XS where to route the instruments and in Logic you set the input buss of the target Audio tracks. The key is focus on one track at a time…

With the firewire option does my bounce still have to be realtime?

Yes and no. If you’ve only recorded external MIDI tracks, yes (because no XS audio is actually present in Logic, the MIDI goes back out to the XS and triggers its instruments). If you have recorded the XS audio to an Audio track, no.

Can I bounce to track?

Bounce to track? Again, you would either record MIDI to an External Instrument Track, or Audio to an Audio Track or both…
  [ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XS6 and Logic Express 8
Next Topic:

MotifXS physical controls and Mainstage ››