mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "loading sounds and samples"

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 05:04 PM
big say
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-03-2009

can i do this without installing the memory.will just a smart media card and a memory stick do or will i need to expand beyond that?how exactly do i go about sampling into the motif withoput the memory.i wish it would have came standard but then erybody would have a mtif.lol.can somebody save e?i am drowning in work and i need new sounds to get the creative juices overflowing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 08:56 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Sorry,Big Say. If you intend to sample you will need to add the additional memory chips to the workstation.
It is what it is.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 08:57 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

First a little terminology:

When speaking of loading sounds into the Motif ES, you need to understand that there are a variety of “sounds” that can be loaded. The ES contains a wide variety of internal samples that can be used (in combination with the tone generator and effects internal to the ES) to generate voices. These voices can be combined to create performances (up to 4 voices, layered and split across the keyboard) and song or pattern mixes (up to 16 voices each playing an independent track of MIDI data).

The combination of samples into a voice and how these are processed as well as the effects that are applied to a voice is accomplished via the “programming” of that voice. On the ES there are preset voice banks (containing voices that are present in the ES’s Read-Only-Memory) - whose programming cannot be overwritten, and user voice banks - which can be overwritten.

You can load additional voices (i.e. the programming which tells the ES how to generate new sounds) without purchasing and installing sample memory. Loading these voices can be accomplished via a USB device connected to the instrument, from a disk drive on a computer attached to the ES via ethernet, or using the Motif ES voice editor connected to the ES via MIDI, USB or mLAN.

In addition, if you have installed sample memory in the ES you can also load voices whose programming uses these additional samples as the basis for additional sounds generated by the ES.

I hope this clarifies things for you a bit.

Let us know if you have further questions or need additional help.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 10:53 PM
big say
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-03-2009

THATS GOOD ADVICE.I NEEDED THAT AND I WAS REALLY TALKING ABOUT .WAV SAMPLES ON .WAV FILES/I GOT THE MULTI AND THE VOICE EDITORS BUT I AM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE IT ALL OUT.I DO OWN CUBASE SX3.I JUST WANTED TO TRY THESE OUT. SINCE HAVENT BEEN INTO DAW THAT LONG.I GOT REASON 4 AND STILL HAVENT USED IT BECAUSE I WANT TO USE MY MOTIF AND MY LATENCY SUCKS.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Recording live to CD
Next Topic:

Bridging song files ››