mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase Ai transferable?"

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 03:00 PM
mikeynyuk
Total Posts:  75
Joined  05-31-2007

I posted this over on gearslutz too. Just trying to get a quick answer as I’m ready to snap up a deal right now....

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding Cubase AI and the N12. I know someone whos selling his N12, I got to play with it, fantastic. Anyhow, if I buy his, will the cubase AI be transferable? I seem to remember reading somewhere that its not, but hopefully I’m wrong?

If its not transferable I may buy a new unit, but in this case what happens if a users computer goes down and they need to reload their software?

Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 04:04 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Hi,
Re. “If its not transferable...what happens if a users computer goes down and they need to reload their software?”
---This is exactly why dongles are useful...an AI licence can be transferred to a dongle. :)
However the question as to whether or not someone else’s licence can be transferred to you is not really one for a forum. I suggest that what the current licence holder should do is contact Yamaha Customer Support in your country (Yamaha support in the US is at 714.522.9000), and ask them for ‘permission’ to transfer the licence to you. You can’t do that, as you don’t hold the licence. Also, I’d suggest you not base any purchase on chance; make sure before you buy that you can indeed register/authorize that copy of AI. Any licence transfer is, of course, up to Steinberg/Yamaha; they are under no obligation to allow it. BUT, having said that, I suspect there’s a lot of flexibility, especially when it comes to AI. After all, AI is provided FREE to folks buying specific instruments or hardware, and it’s a very lite version meant to introduce you to a few features of the commercial versions so that you will be tempted to buy. :) Therefore, I suspect co-operation might be easy to obtain. :) That’s all I’ll say here. Do check with Yamaha though, and they can guide you both through the ‘re-licencing’ process..............frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 06:02 PM
mikeynyuk
Total Posts:  75
Joined  05-31-2007

Thanks Frank, I’ll get the seller to give them a call here in Spain,
Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Help with Recording Midi/Audio
Next Topic:

delete user templates mac ››