mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "what is the difference between Cubase and Nuendo?"

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 10:24 PM
michaela
Total Posts:  39
Joined  02-17-2009

Hellow people

just wondering because i see Nuendo costs much more so… does it mean Nuendo can do much more? im a little confused here )-;

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 11:10 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Nuendo is designed for Audio and Post Production work.
Cubase is designed for Music Production work.

If you get Nuendo (yes, it is more money) - but it does not do the same things that Cubase does. You can, however, add the Music Production functions (found in Cubase) by also purchasing the Nuendo Expansion Kit. The Nuendo Expansion Kit basically adds the functionality you find native in Cubase to the Audio and Post features of Nuendo.

Nuendo is a different animal from Cubase. When you add the NEK you can do what Cubase does and then some.

Those involved in the type of audio and post work that find Nuendo so very useful, do not necessarily work with MIDI data or plugin synthesizers… (they might have access to the London Symphony and never consider using soft-synthesizers or MIDI at all). That is why the NEK is available separately… So you can purchase Nuendo without the NEK… add it if you wish to also do MIDI Music production…

You can purchase Nuendo without all the items that are used principally for Music Production work (which are found native in Cubase)… for example… The NEK adds:
Professional Notation and printing (found in Cubase)
MusicXML import and export (found in Cubase)
Drum Editor for MIDI drum parts (found in Cubase)
VST instruments: HALion One, Prologue, Spector and Mystic (found in Cubase)
VST Sound Collection Vol. I ((found in Cubase)

If you are doing audio/post on a major film and need 10.2 Surround, then Nuendo is for you.

_ Yes both Nuendo and Cubase do audio. But Cubase concentrates the Steinberg audio engine on music production work. And has all the MIDI and audio tools for creating finished works.
_ Yes, the both do Surround sound, however, Nuendo does 10.2 necessary for major feature films.
Nuendo has the Network Collaboration protocols so that multiple clients can work and access the same data (perhaps you are in Chicago and the film is being shot in Hollywood, and the sound effects are being added up in the Bay area… multiple clients can pool and access the same data - thus making collaboration on a film project quick and easy.
_ Yes major film products are done with Cubase as well.

Yeah, you pay quite a bit more for Nuendo. It is not a matter of better, it is really a matter of what you are doing. If you are into Music Production - Cubase is designed specifically for you.

If you are not going to use the multi-client Networking, or 10.2 Surround, or any of the other licenses you get when you purchase Nuendo, it simply would be a shame to spend the extra dollars needlessly. Cubase is designed for musicians!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 06:29 AM
michaela
Total Posts:  39
Joined  02-17-2009

Thank you Bad Mister that covers what i needed to know and therefore i think Cubase should be my choice because im not really into post production or anything like it just want to create some music

see you around

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Dragon MIDI Controller...
Next Topic:

Help with Recording Midi/Audio ››