mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I have an ISS/Song “Problem”"

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 03:48 AM
WesEXer
Total Posts:  336
Joined  10-29-2003

I’m doing a song on the motif, and I put down a scratch vocal track (Sample + Note Method) to help assist with doing orchestration (Don’t want to step all over the vocal!)

It “Works”, but there is an issue. Unless I start from the BEGINNING of the song, the vocal track doesn’t play.

Here’s Why: Since the XS isn’t a linear recorder and is a sampler triggered by MIDI events (In this case note on, and gate time) the Midi Event that triggers my LONG Vocal Scratch track isn’t there in the middle of the song.

I’m looking for a work around, though I’d Rather NOT have to Record a new phrase/event for each part of the song! This was supposed to be something quick and dirty for the scratch pad process.

Shouldn’t the sequencer KNOW there is a sample playing (Since there IS a line visually showing one), go look up where it starts, and then sync it up? I’m sure easier said than done, but man that’s how it SHOULD work.

I REFUSE to use the computer until I’m ready to do the real thing. This is the writing stage and I’m looking for fast and easy!

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

P.S. I am enjoying this more than when I tried it on the classic and gave up because it was unintuitive. Not sure what’s changed, but it seems MUCH better!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2009 @ 11:38 PM
WesEXer
Total Posts:  336
Joined  10-29-2003

So no one has a clue on this?

For giggles, I decided to try recording each section and it just layers start points on top of each other and lost sync. SO no go.

The only way it’ll work is if I do each section on a different track it seems. There’s not enough free tracks for me to do this through the song.

The only thing I can do that seems reasonable is to erase the vocal track each time and record the section I’m currently orchestrating around. Very time consuming.

There has to be a better way!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2009 @ 02:24 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Since you are orchestrating your song in sections anyway, why not use pattern mode. You could then simply record the vocals a section at a time, and then orchestrate that section. Once you’ve completed all sections of your song, you could create a pattern chain and (if desired) convert it to a (linear) song.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]