mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Getting Access to the Older Posts (prior to Release 3.0 of Motifator)"

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 08:22 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

For the geeks among us (myself included), I have discovered a back door way to gain access to the pre-Motifator 3.0 threads. Since all of keyfax’s forums use a common database, you can access the previous threads from the other sites (mlancentral.com, 01xray.com, etc.). The trick is to specify the correct “cat=” parameter in the URL.

To gain access to the Motifator 2.0 threads simply go to http://www.mlancentral.com/forums/index.php?Cat=1,2,4 . This will allow those of us posting responses to questions to also look up older posts and refer the poster to those previous answers! It also allows you to get to your old saved private messages and bookmarked posts.

A number of the images will not be present, but you should be able to search the older thread.

Give it a try.

(And of course, we’ll all be glad when we don’t have to use this backdoor approach!)

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 02:29 AM
bsr2002
Total Posts:  693
Joined  03-30-2004

Thanks Brad :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2009 @ 01:19 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

It appears that you can now access (and search) the older posts via the Archive link at the top of each page in the new forums!  woo hoo!

(edited: well at least some of them are available, when searching and clicking on the links to the old posts, some are there some are not… they must still be migrating the data to the archive...)

Brad

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2009 @ 02:19 PM
Good__Vibes
Total Posts:  17
Joined  02-25-2009

Hi Brad,
thank you very much, this helps a lot to access the older threads.
I wonder if there’s also a way to decipher a link to the old motifator-page such as: http://www.motifator.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=1,2,4&Board=MotifXS&Number=370344&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o;=&fpart=1
in order to find the corresponding document on motifator 2.0? (I hope this makes sense..).

All hints very much appreciated, thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2009 @ 03:16 PM
alanb
Total Posts:  301
Joined  02-15-2009

I want to find the “behind the manual” section from the old site.....can you help me

Also want to find all the old “tweak of the week” section

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New site is a mess
Next Topic:

This new site is awful! ››