mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording live to CD"

Posted on: February 28, 2009 @ 07:46 PM
VilleFan1
Total Posts:  29
Joined  02-24-2005

Hello,

I would like to record my band playing live and am not sure how to do this. I’ve tried recording through my laptop, but the sound is terrible. It sounds as if the Gain is too high but I can’t seem to figure out how to change it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to record a live performance to CD? I would like to be able to use the CD as a demo CD to get future gigs.

Thanks.

VF1

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2009 @ 08:45 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Your PC needs a good (external) sound card, like Creative.
And your PC should run something like AUDACITY.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2009 @ 01:28 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

I agree with Sciuriware. For instance, I’m using Creative PCMCIA Audigy Z sound card and it works nice. For recording (and also monitoring) I’m using Yamaha StagePas 300 since it has 8-ch power mixer, so you could connect 2 stereo keyboards (one could be software synth from your laptop) and four mics/guitars.
But, I prefere to use resampling both for Motif parts and guitar played by my friend. In that way you are staying completely in digital domain and could directly transfer saved WAV file to some mastering software (like Yamaha Final Master or IK Multimedia T-RackS). I’m using both and results sounds like pro studios.
The best solution is to buy Yamaha mLAN interface for Motif and 01x digital mixer which also has mLAN (that would be my next studio equipment :)).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ ES8 and linux
Next Topic:

loading sounds and samples ››