mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Integrated sampling?"

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 09:27 PM
hdreamer
Total Posts:  221
Joined  12-30-2007

Hello everybody!

Since everything looks fresh and new, I hope I’m posting this correctly.
So, I have a .wav file of me saying “Don’t” on my computer. What I want to do is to import that file into motif7 into keyboard and play “don’t” like I’m playing violins. Is that called integrated sampling? Well, how do I do this? I dont use SCSI. but have card and use USB. Can somebody explain?
Is is possible to direct record voice into motif7 and then play those voices on keyboard? I dont have any other extra features in motif7.
I have Tascam US-144 soundcard and AKG microphone..
thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2009 @ 12:09 PM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

You can take the WAV file, save it onto a Smart Media card and then import it into the motif’s sampler.

Since the classic came with 4Mb of RAM as standard, this should be possible, even if you haven’t added any RAM. Of course to do serious sampling work you need more RAM and whilst 64 Mb is small by modern standards, it is sufficient if you need to do some sampling - so press the sampling button then the information button and you should see how much RAM you have available.

Yes, you can also plug a Mic directly into the Motif and sample directly that way.

Hope that helps - if you need further detail, do give the manual a once over, plus have a look through the archives for tips on sampling and/or resampling.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Two midi controllers into motif rack
Next Topic:

General Motif Question ››