mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motifmart voice libraries upgrade from ES to XS?"

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 02:00 AM
donutninja
Total Posts:  7
Joined  04-10-2008

My newly purchased XS6 is on the way! Last year I bought several voice libraries for my ES: B’s Knees, Regenerator, and Vintage Keys. Is it possible to use these with the XS, or do I need to buy the XS versions? Is there an upgrade available, or am I out of luck? I know the Regenerator library requires a PLG card, so that one’s already been written off.

I forgot to mention that I’ll be receiving the complete ES and MO sound libraries on dvd’s with the purchase, not sure if that will make a difference somehow.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 03:10 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

It is “possible” to load your ES versions of these libraries to the XS, yes. However, the ES versions are not optimized for the XS, and
loading them will also load some old ES voices and Performances.

All of the DCP libraries, including B’s Knees, Vintage Keys, etc.,
were completely re-worked for the XS, to take advantage of things
like the 8-element architecture, XA system, and new effects. And, the XS versions of the libraries contain some new voices not found in the ES versions.

My recommendation is to get the XS versions of these libraries.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 04:07 AM
donutninja
Total Posts:  7
Joined  04-10-2008

Thanks for the quick reply and info!

My current project is a 60’s/British invasion band, and we’re covering the Monkees, Hollies, Stones, Zombies, Dave Clark 5, etc. I’m using lots of B3 sounds, and quite a bit of Vox and Farfisa as well. How would the new Organ Session library compare to the B’s Knees?

I love all the libraries so far, thanks for the quality work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 02:55 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Organ Session is excellent, but it does require sample RAM installed in your XS. And it does not have any transistor organs
(Vox, Farfisa, etc.).

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Recommended Drum Loops To Purchase
Next Topic:

Voice Edit ››