mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "projects use regular Editor thru the manager - vs VST?"

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 12:26 AM
spikey
Total Posts:  13
Joined  12-21-2007

In Cubase 4.5 AI I have the option to choose certain new project setups that worked with the regular XS editor inside the manager ver 111. These templates saved call up the older editor. Should I remove them if I am using or planing to use the new VST version of the editor? Is there conflicts if both are called up by accident? Should I delete the manager as well now? Please advise....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 12:51 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

If you want to use the new VST editor , you do not need Studio Manager. In fact the, VST editor will not work inside of Studio Manager.

If you have no other Yamaha Studio Manager compatible gear than the Motif XS, then Studio Manager does not offer a lot because the main reason for Studio Manager is combining multiple Yamaha devices.

If you saved Editor files in the previous version of the Motif XS editor inside of Studio Manager, the data is compatible and you will be able to load your older Editor files in to the new VST editor with no problem.

So for everyone else out there, trying to decide which editor to use , here are some ideas and Bad Mister had also put together some excelelent posts that are easy to find with the new search engine on the site.

If you want to use the new VST editor, you don’t need Studio Manager and you can’t use the new VST editor inside of Studio Manager because the VST editor is connected directly to the Cubase VST engine.

Conversely, if you WANT to use Studio Manager, you can’t use the new VST editor and should just remain using the Motif XS editor version 1.1.1.

The core functionality of the editors are the same, the difference is the way they interface with the host program.

Studio Manager allows you to have multiple Yamaha devices inside your Studio Manager and save all of the devices together as one file.  It .... well manages your studio.

The VST editor allows the Motif XS to connect directly to the Cubase VST engine so you can add VST effects to the Motif XS, freeze tracks, have the Motif XS VST tracks included in Audio Mixdown, allows automation- in short all the benefits of having a VST instrument with the advantage it takes none of your computer’s CPU power.

So it should be easy to decide which editor you want.  If you only have the Motif XS ( and especially if you have the 16E Firewire card), then the VST editor is probably advantageous.

If you have multiple Yamaha devices especially a Yamaha 01v96 or other Yamaha digital mixer than Studio Manager is probably better suited to the way you find yourself working.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2009 @ 05:42 AM
zisidisnikos
Total Posts:  57
Joined  09-22-2008

i have the motif xs8 and motif es7...the studio manager is better of VST version...is nice the Vst version but if i want to record my motif es7(usb Midi) then is not posible… If i open *1 vst editor and *1 studio manager (for extra voice of Motif ES7) i not easy method..and i open only the studio manager.is the unique solution for my studio..

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Dimm Ram question
Next Topic:

I have an ISS/Song "Problem" ››