mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I have good reasons to believe…"

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 09:35 PM
Mlg4ever
Total Posts:  877
Joined  07-27-2003

hey guys what’s up?

I have good reasons to believe that there might be something wrong with the mLan when it comes to usig it with the computer. I’ve now tried it with two computers and keep getting the same strange noises. it sounds aweful, makes me hate CUBASE.
I’m angry because everything else is working fine, but I can’t make a clean copy of my work. is this done on purpose here? I would love for this to work so i can make music using CUBASE.
Or maybe the mLan board on my XS8 is errouneous, it came with it. Two computers can’t be wrong…

help please!

thanks
peace,J

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 10:19 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

We’d love to help, but you’re going to have to give use some more information.

First, what kind of noise is it ? 

Always distorted, occasional clicks and pops , etc.

If you can describe more accurately what the symptoms are ( and also specfically what you are trying to do) we can try and find the cause of the issue.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2009 @ 11:34 PM
Mlg4ever
Total Posts:  877
Joined  07-27-2003

thank you for lending me the expression. I guess it’s more like that” occasional clicks and pops “ but not from my music. i don’t know its source. where can I upload a file so you could take a listen. I set up the system following the QUICK SETUP GUIDE on the Mlan. i’m using a single cable mLan cable. as soon as I can hear what I play and see the levels activity, there goes the noise too. I tried playing notes on the keyboard, I tried syncing Xs to Cubase, nothing came out clean. I use the same computers with protools, been using them for years never had this. Was I sold a Bad Board by any chance? why Me I like the XS!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 01:13 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Well, the good news is that it is almost certainly not the board.

Next, can you tell us what driver you have downloaded and installed.  Then we can help with settings to get the best results.

If you look in Cubase under Devices and Devices Manager , you will find settings for the ASIO driver.  If you can look there and tell us how the ASIO driver is set and what the latency is set to that would be helpful.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 05:19 AM
Railton
Total Posts:  7
Joined  02-14-2009

Hi,

I use a Dell Latitude D620 laptop and I get interference noises when I have the USB cable attached.  Interestingly if I unplug the power cable then the noises stop.

Very annoying but the same happens with my Access TI so not an issue with the Motif.

Railton.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 09:12 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Since this site is completely redesigned, I don’t know where you could find explanations in several previous posts. You should buy some kind of hum “eliminator” or “distroyer” (name depends on the manufacturer. Its a cheap device (~20$) that you put between your Motif outputs and your speakers. I have two pieces of such a device (Behringer HD400) since I’m using some software synths along with Motif.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 09:56 AM
Railton
Total Posts:  7
Joined  02-14-2009

Alex, is this in response to my issue or the original post?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 12:33 PM
2Reggie
Total Posts:  35
Joined  01-13-2007

Mlg4ever Or maybe the mLan board on my XS8 is errouneous, it came with it. Two computers can’t be wrong… help please!

Railton I use a Dell Latitude D620 laptop and I get interference noises when I have the USB cable attached.  Interestingly if I unplug the power cable then the noises stop.

When I was using Mlan I was able to elimanate the pops and crackles
1) when I did a clean installed.
I totally uninstalled the drivers from the disk that came with the unit and downloaded the latest drivers.

2) I purchased a power USB hub $10.00 it stopped pulling power from my PC to power any USB device.

3) Not Mlan related, I got a cheep Behringer Ultramizer Pro DSP 1424p $100.00 it took out most noise from any other external devices that I plugged into my sound card - I like a noise gate settings and make sure that your signal / levels are set high over the noise without distorting the signal.

I hope that this could help.
Peace & blessings.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 01:31 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Mlg4ever,

You can get better help with any computer related problem by including the basic information about your computer, its current operating system, and as many details as you can about your connection and situation.

Clicks and pops can often be a simple matter of not having enough resources to run what you are attempting. It could be that you have the latency or the driver requirements set improperly.

It could be a ground problem.

But rest assured there are people using mLAN without a lick of noise and have been for 5+ years… so thinking that all mLAN systems do this, well, you can put that worry to rest.

Please provide information about your computer, its CPU, the OS you’re running, how much RAM your computer has, what driver you have installed and we’ll get you a solution to your problem.

Thanks, let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 07:22 PM
Rob'n
Total Posts:  153
Joined  10-30-2007

Not that it will be of any help to you, or that it is an answer to your question, but I have very much ground related problems with usb audio in my living room. I just have to use my laptop with the cable unplugged, change the entire wiring or simply have to go elsewhere (very annoying because then I can’t watch TV...)
So when I hear complaints about interfering noises, I first would assume a ground problem. But maybe it is a better idea to let the experts listen.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ posts disappearing...
Next Topic:

My first music with Motif XS - Ship of the Imagination ››