mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "midi out \ thru merge"

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 08:12 AM
levib
Total Posts:  151
Joined  10-22-2007

HI

IS THERE ANY WAY TO MERGE THE MIDI OUT & MIDI THRU JACKS TO ONE, WITHOUT EXTERNAL MERGER? (ON THE XS ITSELF)
THANKS

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 01:22 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

No. There are actually two conditions for the MIDI OUT jack… the first when you are connected via standard single port MIDI cables, the other when you are using multiple port connectors (USB or Firewire). When multiple port connectors are used, the Motif XS can act as a MIDI interface for 1 external device. The MIDI OUT port’s role is therefore different in a multi-port situation, as described below:

The MIDI OUT jack has the following uses:
1) When MIDI IN/OUT = MIDI, data generated by playing the Motif XS keyboard or generated by the Motif XS arpeggiators can be send out via the MIDI OUT jack
2) When MIDI IN/OUT = USB or mLAN, (i.e., when the Motif XS is acting as a MIDI interface) the data coming from the computer application on PORT 3 ("Motif XS MIDI OUT") is sent out via the MIDI OUT jack

The MIDI THRU jack as the following use:
Information arriving at the MIDI IN is duplicated to the MIDI THRU.

Perhaps a better way to pose your question is to let us know what it is you think you want to do. There may already be a way to do it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2009 @ 06:32 PM
levib
Total Posts:  151
Joined  10-22-2007

thank you for the answer

i bought today a midi merger- 2 in , 1 out.

i wanted to send data from the XS with both jacks (out,thru) (cause i have drum machine connected to it)

now everything is working :)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ My first music with Motif XS - Ship of the Imagination
Next Topic:

test ››