mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Midi tracks to audio tracks"

Posted on: May 15, 2020 @ 12:03 PM
johpat
Total Posts:  61
Joined  10-08-2003

hello, i have cubase elements 10 and a yamaha moxf. I have recorded a number of midi tracks and would like to convert them into an audio track. But if I try to do the tracks via audio mixdown I don’t see anything on my audio track at the end of the audio mixdown except a line. Who can help me please?

Regards Johnny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 17, 2020 @ 03:38 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Assuming you are using USB for audio between your MOXF and Cubase, it could just be that you have your audio track(s) set with inputs for MOXF USB 1 and 2, when the default output for the synth engine is actually MOXF USB 3 and 4.

MOXF USB 1 and 2 are the default outputs for the A/D inputs on the rear.

Set your audio track(s) with inputs for MOXF USB 3 and 4, and try it again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 17, 2020 @ 12:55 PM
johpat
Joined  10-08-2003

Hi Philwoodmusic, I did it.  On advice I created an audio track and put the input on StereoIN2 and the output on stereoOut (at the studio> audioconnections a 2nd audio output moxf 3/4) After that I recorded the miditrack on the audio track so I can make a mix.  But now i think I can also mix the midracks and audio tracks and record them on an audio track I gues .My preference is to make everything into audio tracks for possible effects, etc.

Thanks Philwoodmusic.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2020 @ 04:23 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

That’s great.

You might want to check this article out:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/moxf6_moxf8_basic_audio_recording

The MOXF audio interface is 2 in / 4 out, so you are limited to recording ONLY two stereo tracks simultaneously.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2020 @ 01:03 PM
johpat
Joined  10-08-2003

Thank you Philwoodmusic.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Big Sale on MOXF instructional videos
Next Topic:

Trouble setting up VST for MOXF6 ››