mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Two Voices in Song on same MIDI Channel?"

Posted on: May 02, 2020 @ 12:31 AM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

By assigning two voices to the same MIDI Channel a Layer can be created in a Song Part/track? And it is turned into a Split by editing the Note Limits of each voice. Or am I not understanding the process?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 02, 2020 @ 08:23 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
muscarella - 02 May 2020 12:31 AM

By assigning two voices to the same MIDI Channel a Layer can be created in a Song Part/track? And it is turned into a Split by editing the Note Limits of each voice. Or am I not understanding the process?

You’ve mostly got that right, but please don’t conflate the Terms “Part” and “Track” - as I’ve previously explained in another thread, a Part and a Track aren’t the same thing. That should become obvious when two (or more) Parts can be assigned to the same MIDI Receive Channel, yet can all be controlled by a single Track’s data.

The other consideration is when Arps are used. Not only are there Note Limit settings for a Part’s Voice, there are similar Note Limits for the Arp. If Arp Note Limit settings are ignored, the results can be unexpected. See Arpeggio Edit, beginning on page 82 of the MOXF Reference Manual, [F4]LIMIT on page 83 (which refers to page 28 for details).

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How do System Effects work and can they be edited?
Next Topic:

Attn: 5pinDIN RE: tech ››