mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Splitting MOXF6 keyboard with an active layer"

Posted on: March 31, 2020 @ 10:52 AM
loziodavid
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03-04-2020

Hi
I’m a new MOXF6 user. I created a layer using the Performance Creatore Mode and layering 3 different voices.
Now I’d like to split the keyboard in the last upper octave, where I’d like to play a piano/bell like sound, while still using my layered sound in the first 4 octaves.

While I was the Performance Creatore Mode, I pressed the Split button, but it seems that is only possible to add a 4th voice to the existing 3 voices in a point of the keyboard. In fact, I hear that a new voice has been added, but what I need is a totally different sound. Just a piano/bell like sound, even from a preset voice.
I’d like to organize my keyboard like this

1st octave: layer (3 voices combined)
2nd octave: layer (3 voices combined)
3rd octave: layer (3 voices combined)
4th octave: layer (3 voices combined)
5th octave: bell voice

Am i demanding too much to the MOXF6 sound engine, or am I doing something wrong?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2020 @ 12:26 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Each Performance can have up to four active Parts, with one Voice assigned to each Part. If you currently have used three Parts, the fourth Part can have the bell Voice assigned. The note range for each Part will have to be edited. For each of the three layered Parts, the notes should be limited to below the fifth octave. For the Part with the bell, the notes should be limited to the fifth octave and above.

See Part Edit, [F1]VOICE, [SF3]LIMIT, NoteLimitH and NotelimitL on pages 64-65 of the MOXF Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2020 @ 12:56 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I don’t want to jump in prematurely, cause I’m interested to hear what one of the Motifator Guru’s will have to say. I’ve worked on the MOX and MOXf keyboard for almost 8 years now and I’ve found that the Performance Creator is frustrating unless you’re just wanting to quickly set up a Split or Layer on the fly. If the intent is to build a complicated Performance with various Splits and Layers it’s better (IMO) to just start with an empty Initialized Performance and do all the designing in that mode. Over and over again when I used Performance Creator I found myself stuck in some conundrum where the Split Points and Lo/Hi, etc. are confounding each other in ways I can’t seem to undo and certain notes are not sounding at all, etc.  So I have to just abort entirely, and build it piece by piece using regular Performance Edit steps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2020 @ 03:24 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Once a layer is created, no matter how that was accomplished, note ranges can be applied to the Parts.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Re-Ordering the Parts of a Performance
Next Topic:

What’s your Favorite Software for MOXF? ››