mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problem restoring saved ALL file"

Posted on: October 21, 2019 @ 05:14 PM
Off-leash
Total Posts:  3
Joined  10-19-2019

When I try to restore a saved ALL file on my MOXF, I get the message “Sample Full”, even though my flash drive shows 66 MB free.  I had some duplicated waveforms and deleted them, leaving just five waveforms for Chick’s Rhodes and 7 for CF Piano, and then “Optimized”.  This didn’t help. Do I need to reformat my flash module and reload?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2019 @ 06:07 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

If your flash module had no free space the message would be “Sample memory full”, not “Sample full”. The “Sample full” message description is “The maximum overall number of Samples has been exceeded”. Display Message descriptions are given on pages 63-64 of the MOXF Owner’s Manual.

The maximum number of Waveforms is 2048, maximum Samples (keybanks) is 8192. Since each Waveform can contain up to 128 Samples, its possible to exceed the maximums before the flash module memory space is full. (However, if there are only 12 Waveforms, even if each held 128 Samples that would not be excessive.)

When reloading a previously saved “All” file, if the Waveforms are already on the flash module, the box before “with Waveform” should not be marked (to avoid duplication).

If the above doesn’t help…
Early versions of the OS had some problems with proper flash module operation. Which OS version is installed on your MOXF?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2019 @ 09:20 PM
Off-leash
Total Posts:  3
Joined  10-19-2019

Thanks, I’m grateful for your comments.  I think my firmware is up to date with V1.12.0. 

I know about unchecking “With Sample” on saves, but I can’t remember what I did with previous saves some months ago.  Do you agree with the course of action of formatting and re-installing on my flash?  The number of waveforms I had was not an issue until I started making more back-ups.  I can’t think what else to do.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2019 @ 10:36 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Off-leash - 21 October 2019 09:20 PM

Thanks, I’m grateful for your comments.

You’re welcome.

Off-leash -

I think my firmware is up to date with V1.12.0. 

I know about unchecking “With Sample” on saves, but I can’t remember what I did with previous saves some months ago.  Do you agree with the course of action of formatting and re-installing on my flash?  The number of waveforms I had was not an issue until I started making more back-ups.  I can’t think what else to do.

If the “All” file you have includes everything you want to restore, I don’t see any reason not to reformat and reload such a file.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ "Vintage Keys" for MOXF8
Next Topic:

Where can I find latest firmware for MOXF and Motif XF ››