mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Trying to control the volume of A/D input using FC7 pedal attached to MOXF8"

Posted on: September 27, 2019 @ 12:52 PM
keyfumbler
Total Posts:  3
Joined  05-20-2019

Hello. This is only my second post. I have searched the forum but came up empty. My live rig includes a Korg Triton and a MOXF8. I have connected the audio output of the Triton to the MOXF’s A/D input, hoping to 1. reduce the number of patch cords going to my amp, and 2. control the volume of the Triton using the FC7 foot controller (which is connected to the MOXF). Currently, the Triton output sounds great going through the MOXF, but the volume is not affected by the FC7 pedal, even when the A/D input is set to “mixed.” It seems this should be possible using the Utility button and playing with the effects settings, but that’s where I get lost. Any thoughts or suggestions?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2019 @ 09:54 AM
cecchino
Total Posts:  12
Joined  09-08-2016
keyfumbler - 27 September 2019 12:52 PM

Hello. This is only my second post. I have searched the forum but came up empty. My live rig includes a Korg Triton and a MOXF8. I have connected the audio output of the Triton to the MOXF’s A/D input, hoping to 1. reduce the number of patch cords going to my amp, and 2. control the volume of the Triton using the FC7 foot controller (which is connected to the MOXF). Currently, the Triton output sounds great going through the MOXF, but the volume is not affected by the FC7 pedal, even when the A/D input is set to “mixed.” It seems this should be possible using the Utility button and playing with the effects settings, but that’s where I get lost. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Your FC7 makes your MOXF generate MIDI CCs (usually CC11 aka expression or CC07 aka Volume - you may change the assignment but the default will work for your purpose). But if the only connection between your Triton and your MOXF is a couple of audio jacks, there’s no way the MOXF can send these commands to its Korg mate.
I do not have my MOXF here, so I try to “blindly” remember and maybe write some inaccurate things, but… I would connect a MIDI (standard 5 pin DIN) cable from the MIDI Out of the MOXF to the MIDI In of the Korg. Then, in Master mode, I would assign your MOXF Voice/Performance/whatelse to the first zone on channel 1 and set the second zone range so that it doesn’t use any of your MOXF black and white keys and transmits on Channel (let’s say) 2. Then the FC pedal receive must be disabled for your first zone and the Triton should be instructed to receive CCs on channel 2.
Mr. 5pinDIN wll correct me if I’m wrong :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2019 @ 10:08 AM
cecchino
Joined  09-08-2016

P.S. I forgot the trivial solution: connect another continuous Korg compatible pedal directly to your Triton :D

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2019 @ 12:19 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

I think the OP is actually asking about controlling the level/gain of the A/D input from the FC7 rather than the Triton itself.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2019 @ 03:18 AM
cecchino
Joined  09-08-2016
Mighty Motif Max - 23 October 2019 12:19 PM

I think the OP is actually asking about controlling the level/gain of the A/D input from the FC7 rather than the Triton itself.

You think right, but as I didn’t find a way to accomplish that, I was suggesting some workarounds to obtain the same results ;-)
P.S. maybe there’s a chance to operate on the effects applied to the audio input. I will test this as soon as I have some free time (manuals are not very detailed on this topic)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2019 @ 09:24 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

@keyfumbler

What’s the problem with having cables running from your Triton as well?

Are there not enough inputs on your amp?

You maybe don’t like a larger mess of cables on stage? 

You maybe don’t want to buy more cables to do the job, but you can utilise some shorter cables that you already bought?

If I had to use the A/D inputs to mix another keyboard, I’d just set the input gain to a place that works for me during sound check and leave it there, then just make sure I’m careful with the Main Volume on the Triton.

Also, is there some reason why you don’t want to use the Main Volume on the Triton?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2019 @ 04:41 AM
cecchino
Joined  09-08-2016
philwoodmusic - 24 October 2019 09:24 AM

@keyfumbler

What’s the problem with having cables running from your Triton as well?

Are there not enough inputs on your amp?

You maybe don’t like a larger mess of cables on stage? 

You maybe don’t want to buy more cables to do the job, but you can utilise some shorter cables that you already bought?

If I had to use the A/D inputs to mix another keyboard, I’d just set the input gain to a place that works for me during sound check and leave it there, then just make sure I’m careful with the Main Volume on the Triton.

Also, is there some reason why you don’t want to use the Main Volume on the Triton?

we’ll never know :-)
The OP vanished…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Anyone? MOXF8 + separate vocoder (Voice Box)
Next Topic:

Custom Instrument on MOXF ››