mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Voices in pattern mode do not sound as good as voice mode"

Posted on: August 07, 2019 @ 01:14 PM
starway
Total Posts:  12
Joined  08-10-2008

Hi guys,
This is probably a silly question to all of you but the sounds in my motif es do not sound as good in the pattern mode and I was just wondering why or how I can solve this problem it’s confusing with the the insertion effects and everything so I’m just not sure what I can do to make the pianos or the electric piano sound as good as they do when I’m in voice mod I also want to know if I can use the insertion effects with my plg 150 DX card as this would be nice to make it sound better. So far I only know how to use chorus and reverb effects with it.

Why do the sounds go from being awesome in voice mode to being thin and just not as good in pattern mode.

Please help

Thanks alot

James

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2019 @ 02:28 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I believe you’ll find these two support articles helpful:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/copying_voice_data_w_arpeggios_to_a_performance_or_mix_in_a_motif_es

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/introducing_motif_es_effects

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 09, 2019 @ 11:21 AM
starway
Total Posts:  12
Joined  08-10-2008

Hi thanks for your reply. But that doesn’t answer the question fully unfortunately, I’m struggling to understand how to access the same sounds in pattern mode that I have in voice mode. Surely there is a way. I mean I don’t care about arpeggios just the effects and tone of the voice. Is it not possible to use the sounds like they sound in voice mode.? I read the articles but they dont really explain what I’m asking. Do you guys not have any problems with this or do you just accept the slightly weaker sound in pattern mode. The only work around I can find is to just record the motif in voice mode using a daw once I have programmed the midi but this is not how I wanted to use it. 

Thanks for any help anyway, anything is appreciated

James

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 09, 2019 @ 12:15 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The articles explain how the effects work and how to copy a Voice to a Mixing Part including effects. One other consideration is that the Out Volume for Parts is reduced in the sequencer modes (Song/Pattern) because there can be up to 16 Parts playing at the same time, and the overall volume level might otherwise be too high. You can try increasing volume for each Part, via Pattern Mixing Edit mode. See pages 248, 235, and 217 of the ES Owner’s Manual concerning VOL/PAN settings.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2020 @ 04:08 AM
Michiel D
Total Posts:  191
Joined  11-16-2009

I think this is one of the questions that a lot of Motif users come up with. The thing with the support articles is there is lots of text to read, with all kind of background information. Nice to know, but 9 out of 10 Motif players are searching for a simple and short step by step instruction how to copy the effects from voice setting to a voice that is used in pattern mode (of song mode or in performance mode). As far as I remember the most simple/ short instruction for pattern mode is:

- activate the ‘insertion’ effects (mostly they are already activated as you use just a couple of sounds/ parts)
- copy the system effects to the part/ voice (i.e. in pattern mode)(manual page ...)
- then set the send level of the system effects (this puzzled me for a while, I copied the reverb/chorus but still there was a ‘different’ sound..)
- adjust volume if needed (by default it is set to 100 in pattern/ song mode)

Maybe this is a little too short for some, but for me this was the kind of ‘short version’ instruction I was missing…
Kind regards, Michiel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2020 @ 03:35 PM
Michiel D
Total Posts:  191
Joined  11-16-2009

Another important thing to remember is that the system effects (reverb/chorus) are shared by all voices in your pattern or song mix. So this one important sound that you use can sound exactly as in voice mode, but all other voices now use the same system effects (they do use their own insertion effects), you can only adjust the send amount.

[ Ignore ]