mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX8 Serial Number"

Posted on: April 07, 2019 @ 06:57 AM
billy99
Total Posts:  9
Joined  08-16-2018

HI all,,,

I cant find a serial number for my mox8 anywhere on the keyboard, does anyone know where it is supposed to be and if it has been pulled off or something is there anyway of getting the original number via hardware/software interrogation?

cheers in advance of any help…

Bill

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2019 @ 03:55 PM
Davelet
Total Posts:  58
Joined  07-27-2017

On the bottom of it, on a sticker. Maybe the sticker has fallen off?

David.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2019 @ 12:44 AM
billy99
Joined  08-16-2018

Thanks for responding, much appreciated....

OK..yes I can see a square where the sticker would have been which is now missing.. so anybody know if there is another way to get serial number? inside perhaps?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2019 @ 04:01 PM
Davelet
Joined  07-27-2017

Hi Bill

Not through hardware interrogation, no.

Inside the individual PCBs may I have serial numbers on them but they’ll almost certainly be unrelated to the MOX serial number that (was) on the sticker on the bottom. Yamaha might have some fantastic database enabling full traceability of every component right through to unit serial number but you’ll be lucky getting them to search it for you, even if it exists.

Why do you need the serial number, out of interest? For returning it for repair?

David.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2019 @ 02:41 AM
billy99
Joined  08-16-2018

Hi

I wanted to register he keyboard so I could download the YC-3B VST Instrument that originally came with the keyboard.

Looks like its becoming a too hard to do thing so I shall probably leave it..

thanks for the responses.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2019 @ 05:19 PM
Davelet
Joined  07-27-2017

Hi Billy

I don’t think you need the MOX serial number for that - it’s a number that’s printed on a piece of paper that comes with the MOX (or on the plastic that the manuals came in). I can’t remember exactly, but I’m sure I never had to look at the bottom of my MOX to download the YC-3B.

I might be wrong though.

David.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOX(F) Waveforms
Next Topic:

Thank you, MOX ››