mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Restore voices after reload samples on flash"

Posted on: January 05, 2019 @ 03:44 PM
partyband
Total Posts:  39
Joined  01-02-2014

I had to format the flash memory and reload all samples/voices.
Unfortunately I had created some own voices using those samples and now they do now work anymore.
The original voices can be loaded one by one, but my own variations do not work.

My voices and parameters are loaded and are correct but they make no sound.

Is there a way to reassign the samples to my voices or similar?

Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2019 @ 04:09 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

If you had saved an All/X6A file “with Sample”, then reloading it would restore everything, including the relationships between your User Voices and samples.

If you didn’t save such a file, then what are you reloading? Be specific, since that will determine what might be done to reconnect the samples to the Voices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2019 @ 12:26 PM
partyband
Joined  01-02-2014

I do not want to save all samples because I needed to free some space on the RAM. If I save all samples this will not help because they will all reload again and the RAM will be full again.
By the way it would take about two hours to save and two hours to reload.

I had Chick Korea Mark II on the RAM. I made some variations of this voice.
I have saved ALL/X6A file with no samples.
Formatted the RAM.
I re loaded on the RAM only this voice with the samples (Chick Korea Mark II).
I reloaded ALL/X6A file and the single Voice Chick Korea Mark II.
This voice works. But my variations of this voice do not play at all. Same samples, same voice, only some modifications.

So I suppose there must be a way to re link my voices to the samples.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2019 @ 02:04 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
partyband - 06 January 2019 12:26 PM

I do not want to save all samples because I needed to free some space on the RAM.

Waveforms could have been individually deleted, and then the flash memory optimized. That would have freed space, but left the Voice associations intact.

partyband -

If I save all samples this will not help because they will all reload again and the RAM will be full again.

Voices can be selectively loaded from an “All” file with samples, limiting which Waveforms are installed to flash memory.

partyband -

By the way it would take about two hours to save and two hours to reload.

Sometimes time isn’t the issue.

partyband -

I had Chick Korea Mark II on the RAM. I made some variations of this voice.
I have saved ALL/X6A file with no samples.
Formatted the RAM.
I re loaded on the RAM only this voice with the samples (Chick Korea Mark II).
I reloaded ALL/X6A file and the single Voice Chick Korea Mark II.
This voice works. But my variations of this voice do not play at all. Same samples, same voice, only some modifications.

So I suppose there must be a way to re link my voices to the samples.

Are you referring to the Chick Corea Mark V library from Yamaha, or something else?

The Mark V library has five Waveforms. If only that library is on the flash module, those Waveforms will be in the User Wave Bank, WaveNumbers 0001-0005. You might want to verify that.

If you had other Waveforms on the flash module before Chick Corea ones were installed, then the Chick’s ones were offset to higher WaveNumbers. That would cause your edited User Voices to be looking for the Waveforms at other than numbers 0001-0005. If nothing is there, there will be no sound from your edited Voices.

Which WaveNumber does each Element in your edited Voices point to?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2019 @ 10:31 AM
partyband
Joined  01-02-2014

Waveforms could have been individually deleted, and then the flash memory optimized. That would have freed space, but left the Voice associations intact.

Voices can be selectively loaded from an “All” file with samples, limiting which Waveforms are installed to flash memory.

++ I did not know about this

Are you referring to the Chick Corea Mark V library from Yamaha, or something else?

++ Yes.

The Mark V library has five Waveforms. If only that library is on the flash module, those Waveforms will be in the User Wave Bank, WaveNumbers 0001-0005. You might want to verify that.

++ OK I will

If you had other Waveforms on the flash module before Chick Corea ones were installed, then the Chick’s ones were offset to higher WaveNumbers. That would cause your edited User Voices to be looking for the Waveforms at other than numbers 0001-0005. If nothing is there, there will be no sound from your edited Voices.

++ Is there a way to edit and point the voices to the waveforms?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2019 @ 12:28 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
partyband - 07 January 2019 10:31 AM

++ Is there a way to edit and point the voices to the waveforms?

If the Waveform numbers were offset as I mentioned, then it’s likely some editing can correct the situation.

You previously said “Same samples, same voice, only some modifications”. That would mean there will be five User Waveforms in your Voices, one per each of the first five Elements.

I asked “Which WaveNumber does each Element in your edited Voices point to?”, in order to verify the offset.

For example…
Let’s say 10 Waveforms were installed on the flash module before the Chick’s library was loaded. Then the Chick’s ones would have become numbered beyond 0010, so 0011-0015. If the User WaveNumbers in the Elements of the Voices are edited so that instead of 0011-0015 they point to 0001-0005, that should resolve the problem.

Each of your edited Chick’s Voices will need to have the five Elements edited to point to the correct WaveNumber.

[ Ignore ]