mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "No DIMM Memory Installed Error"

Posted on: December 31, 2018 @ 10:29 PM
brendanwilder
Total Posts:  15
Joined  08-31-2009

Today I installed 1 GB of sample RAM in my motif XS6, but the motif is not recognizing the RAM and I’m getting the above error message when I go to Integrated Sampling.

I purchased and installed 1 GB of RAM purchased from the motifator site and followed the instructions in the manual step by step: Opened the levers, lined up the chips, pressed down until firmly snapped into place, closed the levers. Is there something else I need to do? Is it possible the RAM is defective?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 31, 2018 @ 11:56 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

There are a few possible causes. A common one is that a DIMM isn’t fully inserted in its socket. When you press on the DIMM and it snaps into place, the ejection levers should close by themselves, or very nearly so. The latching part of each lever should fully engage the notch in the side of the DIMM. If that’s not the case, try removing the DIMMs and reinserting them. It’s usually best to apply force simultaneously and equally near both ends of a DIMM.

If you’re certain that the DIMMs are properly installed…
What information, including part numbers, is on the labels found on each DIMM? Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2019 @ 09:36 PM
brendanwilder
Total Posts:  15
Joined  08-31-2009

Thank you - it wasn’t snapped in before. I got it to work by basically lining up one side with the lever and then pressing down hard until it snapped up, then doing the same for the other side. Everything seems to be working now.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Power supply issue
Next Topic:

Problems on my XS6 ››