mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Power supply issue"

Posted on: December 22, 2018 @ 01:40 PM
Michiel D
Total Posts:  191
Joined  11-16-2009

Hi there, I’m really a fan of the Motif synth, I have an ES7 and recently bought (for the second time) a XS(6).
Works fine for me to have both ... :  ). Now the strange thing is that I have an issue with the power supply: sometimes the unit won’t start up when I press the power knob. No reaction, display stays dark, no lights of any sign of life. When I try a couple of times, the synth will start.

You wouldn’t expect an issue like this from a yamaha synth (my AN1X, SY77 and SY85 always start with one single push on the power knob). But a couple of years ago I had an XS that had the same issue. An expansieve repair (some microscopic small resistances in the power supply were fixt...).
And I’m not the only one, the machine won’t start up or stays in ‘start modus’ ...

My question is: does Yamaha recognise this problem and more important what’s the way in which to fix this kind of trouble?
Really enthousiastic on the Motif but when ‘power on’ already is a problem area ... ) :  (may be ending up with only the reliable ES ....)

Kind regards, Michael

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ edit wave elements Motif XS
Next Topic:

No DIMM Memory Installed Error ››