mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XS6 issue, random autorepeat notes"

Posted on: October 28, 2018 @ 04:25 PM
decret
Total Posts:  4
Joined  08-25-2016

HI!

Issue with my XS6 is weird. Mainly with piano sounds, but not only, when playing a note, or two, several, anything, sound autorepeats at high frequency rate. In any mode, performance, master or voice, it’s impossible to play a melody.

Technical Service make a full test of the unit. Clean all contacts, revise all cards and yes, fabric reset, at last, changed memory DIMMS with a new set. Nothing. For a while the keyboard works ok. One hour, two, three… I get it home. Just plugged and erratic sound returns.

No cables attached, only power supply and audio out to amplifier (but, take in account, in the technical site it fails when I tested before any repair or check done).

I’ve played with MIDI settings and all the rest of settings… no changes. The issue it’s present in any key I touch. In the other hand, If I plug it to MIDI and send a song to keyboard, it plays flawlessly with no weird sounds. So, seems like the keyboard interface it’s the matter, but physical check don’t reveal any damage or so. I teste it too without any RAM plugged. No way, fails anyway.

I ask for any people experimented the same issue, and possibly solution. Technical person said me the only solution is to change the main board… The cost its not affordable, If no other solution is possible, this unit will be trashed or sold for pieces…

I could record a tiny video to show and ear the bad effects produced, is needed.

And I will thank any idea for test or check whatever… I don’t have more ideas yet to test and solve the issue.

Thank you in advance!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2018 @ 04:37 PM
decret
Joined  08-25-2016

This is the issue. Hope you can hear it and identify the problem!

File Attachments
IMG_3858.MOV  (File Size: 12946KB - Downloads: 283)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2018 @ 05:47 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
decret - 28 October 2018 04:37 PM

This is the issue. Hope you can hear it and identify the problem!

My internet access is limited - I can’t download that large a file. Could you post a short MP3 that demonstrates the problem?

Moving on…
What happens if you use the keyboard MIDI output to play something external? If you don’t have anything, there are free virtual piano programs available online that can be installed on your computer.

When the problem occurs, can you record a short Song in the XS6 and then save and post an “All Song” (X0S) file?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2018 @ 05:55 PM
decret
Joined  08-25-2016

OK, here you have the mp3 file.

I have no MIDI setup for now (computer change, etc) but tomorrow I’ll setup back. Meanwhile, you can hear the problem.

File Attachments
Merge 1 files.mp3  (File Size: 1716KB - Downloads: 271)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2018 @ 06:30 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Thanks for posting the MP3. That certainly is a strange situation.

What mode was the XS in when that was recorded? Voice, etc.?

Can you save and post an “All” (X0A) file, “without sample”?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2018 @ 03:28 AM
decret
Joined  08-25-2016

This occurs in any situation Voice, Master or Performance.

Will record some at home (now at work) and upload the file. Thanks!

[ Ignore ]