mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif ES All Voice file .W7V to XF?"

Posted on: June 04, 2018 @ 01:52 PM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

Hello. Is there a way to convert a Motif ES All Voice .W7V file to the Motif XF format? (I suspect ChickenSys may be able to do it, and that’s a program I prefer to look into at a later point.)

Here’s what I’ve got:
- Yamaha’s Motif XS Editor could read XS Editor files & I believe can make XS All Voice files.
- Melas Motif Waveform Editor could read XS All Voice files
- Yamaha’s Motif ES Editor doesn’t install on my current 10.12 Mac OS. (It goes to 10.6, according its accompanying ReadMe.)

Thanks,

ds

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 04, 2018 @ 04:16 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
dsetto - 04 June 2018 01:52 PM

Hello. Is there a way to convert a Motif ES All Voice .W7V file to the Motif XF format? [...]

An ES .W7V “All Voice” file can be directly loaded to an XF - no conversion is required. Due to differences in the ROM Waveforms and Effects, the Voices may not sound the same as they do on an ES.

See Data Compatibility with the MOTIF ES6/MOTIF ES7/MOTIF ES8 on pages 236-237 of the XF Reference Manual for details.

Once the ES file is loaded, an XF file can be saved if that’s the goal.

If you’re looking for the ES Preset Voices, I previously loaded and saved them in XF format. Scroll down in this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/in/viewthread/473177/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 05, 2018 @ 02:38 AM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

Well, that was easy. Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 05, 2018 @ 08:47 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
dsetto - 05 June 2018 02:38 AM

Well, that was easy. Thank you.

You’re welcome. I aim for easy, although sometimes getting the job done requires a bit more effort.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XF8 Repeating head later in the tune
Next Topic:

Motif XF8 recording audio in ››