mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XF8 case needed: anything specific?"

Posted on: May 30, 2018 @ 08:52 PM
frdgb
Total Posts:  23
Joined  05-14-2018

Any road cases made specifically for the XF8?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 30, 2018 @ 11:24 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

I use one of these: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/YCMotif8S90--yamaha-deluxe-hardshell-case-for-motif-xf8-s90xs . It looks like they have been discontinued. Maybe a Montage case would work, although I’m not seeing anything specific now. I assume you want hardshell? Some of the SKB cases are good I’ve heard. Also a few Gator cases. Generally you probably want one with wheels. Don’t cheap out. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 31, 2018 @ 12:29 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

I have one of These, which perfectly fits the XF8.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 02, 2018 @ 11:50 AM
frdgb
Total Posts:  23
Joined  05-14-2018

thanks, helpful! considering cost, didn’t want to order one that was just an inch or two too small.  a

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 02, 2018 @ 09:40 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

I dread to think what an XF8 weighs when fully flight cased.  I know having wheels makes things easier, but it must be a chore moving it about.

My XF7 is heavy enough in its flight case, and it lives upstairs in my house.  I keep the flight case downstairs because there’s just no way I can move it around my house, in that hard case, with regard to my own safety and the safety of my woodwork, fixtures and fittings. 

To get around this, I bought a soft case just for moving it around the house.

It was either that or some kind of winch and pulley system.

A usual gig or rehearsal routine is this:

Unplug > Put in soft case > Navigate the house > Transfer to hard case > Load into car.

Then, afterwards:

Unload from car > Transfer to soft case > Navigate house > Set back up.

It’s the only way I can make things safe all round really.

The monstrous inhumanity of it all!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 02, 2018 @ 11:24 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
philwoodmusic - 02 June 2018 09:40 PM

I dread to think what an XF8 weighs when fully flight cased. ]

I can do the math. Here in the States it’s about the same as 1 1/2 bags of CEMENT. The 80 pounders.

I received an XS8 in a RoadRunner case. The thing was so huge you could bury two small adults in it. In fact I had a couple in mind but alas, I sold it.

I never bought into the cases that are oversized and you pluck and pull the crap inside to fit the board. Yeah, let’s make them bigger and heavier. Right.

I usually have my flight cases made to fit the gear and if you have a connection the pricing is not bad. Over the years I’ve scored some ProTec cases that are fairly rigid with foam and light plywood in the core. Perfect for bopping around town with and quite light. Sadly, I don’t believe they’re available anymore. They’ve moved on to casing clarinets and trumpets. I should have played horns. One note at a time and no outboard gear.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2018 @ 01:43 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
stoneb3 - 02 June 2018 11:24 PM

...I never bought into the cases that are oversized and you pluck and pull the crap inside to fit the board. Yeah, let’s make them bigger and heavier. Right....

I am with you there stoneb3.  That’s why I wanted to assure the OP that the case recommended is really quite a precise fit for the XF8...probably as close to a custom case size-wise as a non-custom case gets.  Really no leftover space.

Not a light combo by any stretch, however.

[ Ignore ]