mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "creating a “performance” for midi guitar"

Posted on: May 21, 2018 @ 11:09 AM
tradivoro
Total Posts:  45
Joined  12-16-2003

I’m asking this question because I don’t know what is the language that the MOXF uses to describe what I want to do.  It’s not performance mode, but I don’t know what mode would allow me to do this.

I’m using a midi guitar, which transmits midi on 6 different midi channels.  The idea is, I would like to create a “group” of 6 sounds, (the same sound really) assign them to a separate midi channel each, and make them all monophonic. 

While looking at the owners manual and reference manual, the closest I’ve come is mixing mode, but there doesn’t seem to be something where I can create a group of a sound, say vibes, make each one monophonic, assign a different midi channel to each and save that as a something that is called “vibes”. 

If anybody can point me in the right direction, I’d appreciate it, thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 21, 2018 @ 05:01 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

A Song or Pattern Mixing should indeed be appropriate for what you need. By default each of the 16 available Parts is set to a matching MIDI Receive Channel - that is Part 1 is on Channel 1, etc. Just assign the desired Voice to each of six different Parts.

Presuming that the MIDI guitar communicates via a 5-pin connection, that MIDI IN/OUT is set to “MIDI” (not USB) in the MOXF’s Utility mode, that the guitar and MOXF MIDI channels match, and that MIDI Note filtering isn’t turned on, the guitar should be able to play the MOXF.

If you have a specific problem doing that, let us know what the difficulty is.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 21, 2018 @ 11:17 PM
tradivoro
Total Posts:  45
Joined  12-16-2003

Thanks 5pin, I’m going to definitely do that and see how it goes.  I’ve gotten the midi guitar with other sound modules in the past, what was throwing me in the MOXF is the language of what they would call this. 

In my mind mixing is something else, but in the MOXF world, I guess mixing is a tangible something.  I’ll let you know how it goes.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MoXF6 Pianos all sound muddy and muted - velocity problem
Next Topic:

MOXF8 favourites bank? ››