mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "FC7 pedal, love it. Except one thing…"

Posted on: April 27, 2018 @ 05:13 AM
hole in the sky
Total Posts:  10
Joined  11-27-2008

I just ordered the FC7 pedal for my motif XS and it was easy enough to assign in my various voices. One big problem I’m running into is the fact that it defaults to its maximum value.

For example, in my organ voices, they default to Leslie on instead of off (as the modwheel would default) in my piano voices it defaults to sustain, which is what I assigned to those particular voices. Am I doomed to an extra step of rocking this thing back and forth every time I conjur up a voice? One thing that helped this was going to Utility and setting the controller reset to HOLD instead of reset, however the problem still occurs when I go to and from voice mode. (Voice mode becomes an exceptional pain as I have to readjust the pedal for each voice) further, upon leaving voice mode to other modes via master the problem presents itself again, regardless of the HOLD mode I set it to earlier.

Why in the heck would the FC7 pedal default to its maximum value? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2018 @ 07:24 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/469195/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2018 @ 09:23 AM
hole in the sky
Total Posts:  10
Joined  11-27-2008

I appreciate the quick response.

Unfortunately, it seems to confirm the fact that there is no fix for this. I noticed the link directed me to a thread from 5 years ago, has nothing changed in regards to this issue? The last thing we keyboardists need in a live situation is another thing to remember…

Also, this;

“The CONTROLLER RESET = HOLD setting will work as long as you remain within the current mode.
That means, if you are in VOICE mode and you move to any other Voice, if the pedal is at minimum the value will persist through to the next Program. Literally, control values will “hold”.”

Certainly isn’t true for me, if I’m in voice mode, I have to activate the pedal for each voice before they start working properly in conjunction to how I assigned the pedal.

If anyone has an up-to-date fix or workaround I will be forever grateful.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2018 @ 11:13 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

It is what it is. If you want the CONTROLLER RESET = HOLD setting to remain, be sure to press [STORE]. Controller values should then be retained from one Voice to the next.

Although I’m unaware of this not functioning correctly in any of the OS (firmware) versions, you might want to verify that you have the most recent OS (v1.60) installed.

To check the OS version…
Press and release the [UTILITY] button to get into Utility mode.
Then press [UTILITY], [ ^ ](Cursor Up) and [F1] buttons at the same time. Read the Firmware Version.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ NO SOUND ON MOTIF XS8...HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Next Topic:

XS 6 will not boot ››