mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Microphone and Connector Cables"

Posted on: March 24, 2018 @ 09:05 PM
Claire
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-21-2018

What kind of microphone and what kind of connector cables do I need to plug into the A/D input jack on the back of my MOX8?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2018 @ 11:19 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi Claire,

Welcome to the forum.

The kind of mic you’ll need is of the dynamic type.  A good example of a popular dynamic microphone is the Shure SM58, but there are many dynamic microphones on the market with some costing more and some less.

The A/D inputs on the rear of the MOX are unbalanced and require a cable with a 1/4 inch TS mono jack, on the MOX end.  The mic end of your cable (in order to fit an SM58 mic and the majority of dynamic mics out there) will need to have a female XLR connector.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2018 @ 11:22 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum, Claire.

The mic should be a dynamic type with a cable having 1/4” TS (Tip/Sleeve) phone plug.

By the way, you’ve posted in the Motif XF forum. In this case the reply would be the same for the XF as the MOX, but MOX-specific questions are best posted in the MOX forum:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewforum/162/

EDIT: philwoodmusic posted while I was replying. Fortunately, we seem to agree.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2018 @ 11:37 PM
Claire
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-21-2018

Thanks to both of you!  And I appreciate the link to the MOX forum.  I’ll post in the correct place next time.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2018 @ 02:18 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

You’re welcome.

[ Ignore ]