mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "adding a wheel effect in aftertouch"

Posted on: March 17, 2018 @ 12:21 PM
whiningstranger
Total Posts:  40
Joined  10-11-2003

Hello,

I’ve set up a split keyboard (thank you for the help!), and one part is a synth. Since I don’t have 3 hands, is it possible to program that synth part to “vibrate or oscillate” (not sure how to put it) with aftertouch (harder pressure on the keys), as if I was using the wheel?

The manual is very difficult to figure out.

Thanks for any help.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2018 @ 12:52 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
whiningstranger - 17 March 2018 12:21 PM

Hello,

I’ve set up a split keyboard (thank you for the help!), and one part is a synth. Since I don’t have 3 hands, is it possible to program that synth part to “vibrate or oscillate” (not sure how to put it) with aftertouch (harder pressure on the keys), as if I was using the wheel?

I’m not sure if you’re referring to vibrato, tremolo, or something else. That’s the first thing you’re going to have to determine. Once you know what it is you want to control, then you can assign a controller such as AfterTouch to control its level.

whiningstranger -

The manual is very difficult to figure out.

This support article should help with controller assignment for the Motif Classic:
http://www.motifator.com/storage/support/Motif_Assigning_Controllers.pdf

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2018 @ 01:19 PM
whiningstranger
Joined  10-11-2003

Sorry for the vagueness: I guess it’s the modulation wheel I’d like to kick in with a little harder key pressure.

Thanks,

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2018 @ 02:11 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
whiningstranger - 17 March 2018 01:19 PM

Sorry for the vagueness: I guess it’s the modulation wheel I’d like to kick in with a little harder key pressure.

What the ModWheel does will vary with the programming of each Voice. Once you go into Edit mode and determine what that is, you can then assign it to AfterTouch.

You’ll need to begin by investigating the Control Sets. See pages 49-50 and 134 of the Owner’s Manual. Go into Edit, look for the Set with the MW setting, then determine the Dest (destination). You’ll then need to set AT as a Source with that same Destination.

Read what I’ve suggested, dig in, and you’ll probably figure it out. I’d post a demonstration file, but I don’t have a Classic (mine are an XS6 and XF6).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2018 @ 02:40 PM
whiningstranger
Joined  10-11-2003

Thank you Spin, I’ll get to it...if I can figure it out!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ how do i change octave pitch in a keyboard split?
Next Topic:

a couple of quick questions ››