mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help with Recreating this Sound"

Posted on: March 10, 2018 @ 05:52 AM
MinorKey
Total Posts:  2
Joined  08-02-2016

Hello,

I would be very grateful if someone here could help me out. I have started similar topics over at YamahaSynth.com in the past, but as it’s not too likely that I’ll ever receive replies (one of the topics is over a year old), I figured that I’d try here this time.

I’d want to recreate the lead sound used most notably by Jens Johansson of Stratovarius. I know that there are commercial libraries that offer similar patches, but I have tried them and IMO none of them come close enough.
There is a Youtube video, however, and I think that it’s the closest one can get. I’m absolutely sure it can be done on the Motifs, but the question is how.
Here’s that video I mentioned, I’m only really interested in creating that ‘dry’ sound - adding the effects is the easy part:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PT3BSUXC_I

And here’s a little more info from one of the comments:

1. Use Square, Triangle, EP, or maybe Piano waveforms. sawtooth is a bad idea.
2. Band-Pass the hell outta them. use frequency, resonance and velocity key follow, so the resonation and target frequencies are always changing depend on your playing. I use total 4 different band passes, one per each oscillator.
3. use tiny amount of Phaser (this is another magic trick.) that makes PWM-like living sound.

Hope some one has an idea. My problem is that I understand the basic building blocks, but I just can’t put them together to get something even remotely similar.

Thanks a million! :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ A new intresting sound service....
Next Topic:

Looking for an arp for this sound ››