mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Editing insertion effects in Performances"

Posted on: March 05, 2018 @ 12:34 PM
Airlane1979
Total Posts:  29
Joined  12-03-2017

I want to edit these effects, but I find that if I go from the Performance Select screen > 02 Edit Part > 05 Voice Insert Eff (and selecting the Part number of the voice I want to edit), the edits don’t do anything - the sound remains unchanged. What am I doing wrong? The manual is unclear to me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2018 @ 02:06 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Airlane1979 - 05 March 2018 12:34 PM

I want to edit these effects, but I find that if I go from the Performance Select screen > 02 Edit Part > 05 Voice Insert Eff (and selecting the Part number of the voice I want to edit), the edits don’t do anything - the sound remains unchanged. What am I doing wrong? The manual is unclear to me.

How many Parts have an Insertion Effect turned on? The limit is four - if that many are already on, you would have to turn one of them off to turn on another.

See page 47 of the MX Reference Manual, Performance Part Edit, InsSw.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2018 @ 11:53 AM
Airlane1979
Total Posts:  29
Joined  12-03-2017

That’s it. Thank you, 5pinDIN.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2018 @ 05:03 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Airlane1979 - 06 March 2018 11:53 AM

That’s it. Thank you, 5pinDIN.

You’re welcome, I’m glad that did the trick.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2018 @ 11:33 AM
Sensation
Total Posts:  4
Joined  02-27-2009

Thanks. I am trying to insert rotary speaker effect on part 13 in one of my performances. I’m assuming I’ve maxxed out the number of inserts available but would like to confirm that this indeed is the reason. If so, how do I know which of the other parts is occupying the 4 insert spots and what is the logic that determines what parts get the available inserts. Note, I’m trying to trigger this using the Modulation Wheel so might also be the issue at hand

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2018 @ 01:09 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Sensation - 28 September 2018 11:33 AM

Thanks. I am trying to insert rotary speaker effect on part 13 in one of my performances. I’m assuming I’ve maxxed out the number of inserts available but would like to confirm that this indeed is the reason. If so, how do I know which of the other parts is occupying the 4 insert spots

Check the current assignment for each Part as I previously explained (page 47 of the MX Reference Manual). If four Parts already have the InsSw Parameter turned “on”, one will have to be turned off before it can be activated on your Part 13.

If you don’t have the Reference Manual, you can get it here:
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/contents/music_production/downloads/manuals/index.html?l=en&c=music_production&k=mx

Sensation -

and what is the logic that determines what parts get the available inserts. Note, I’m trying to trigger this using the Modulation Wheel so might also be the issue at hand

The Insert Effects should be applied to those Parts where they do the most good. Some Voices get their characteristic sound from the Insert Effects, others sound OK with just Reverb and/or Chorus.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Return MX88 for MOXF8?
Next Topic:

Initiating a SysEx MIDI dump ››