mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sample Question"

Posted on: February 27, 2018 @ 06:41 PM
alanb
Total Posts:  301
Joined  02-15-2009

I created a sample and saved it to a User Drum Voice.....came back the next morning...turned on the XF and of course the samples were gone leaving the empty User Drum Voice.....my guess is that I forgot the the sample must be saved also…

I have re-credted the sample and again saved it to a User Drum Voice.

I am familiar with the XS and to some degree the XF.
I work with several different bands and I have an “All File No Sample.n3.X3A” for each band.

I have several existing samples in the XF which I transferred from my XS.
This is the first time I have created a new sample from scratch in the XF.

I just want to save the new sample I created.....how do I do that...without loading all the existing samples again?

I have two Flash boards in my XF

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2018 @ 09:44 PM
alanb
Joined  02-15-2009

I thought I had it figured out.....
I used the “copy to Flash” job.....

But I made 4 different samples...each assigned to a different key....but after the copy to flash job....only the last sample I made was saved.....
What am I doing wrong?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2018 @ 12:28 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
alanb - 27 February 2018 09:44 PM

I thought I had it figured out.....
I used the “copy to Flash” job.....

Yes. Otherwise samples in User SDRAM are volatile, and won’t be retained when the XF is turned off.

alanb -

But I made 4 different samples...each assigned to a different key....but after the copy to flash job....only the last sample I made was saved.....
What am I doing wrong?

Each sample should be assigned to its own KeyBank, a single key or key range, possibly a velocity range…

See this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/450504/
Although about the ES, most is applicable to an XF.

Also see this support article.
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/sampling_basics_and_navigation_on_the_motif_xs

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2018 @ 05:31 PM
alanb
Joined  02-15-2009

Thank you....I have made it work....but I still can’t get my head around one thing…

In my case I created a User Drum Voice, I have 4 samples...each sample is assigned to its own note.
So in this case, the “Keybank” and kay range are the same thing...just one note each.

All 4 “key banks” could reside in one Waveform....but they are not. Each key bank has it’s own Waveform.....

How do I get multiple key banks into one Waveform?......or is this even necessary?...am I using up more flashboard space than I need to?....is there a limit to the number of Waveforms?

Or am I just completely making no sense at all.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2018 @ 01:29 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
alanb - 28 February 2018 05:31 PM

Thank you....

You’re welcome.

alanb -

I have made it work....but I still can’t get my head around one thing…

In my case I created a User Drum Voice, I have 4 samples...each sample is assigned to its own note.
So in this case, the “Keybank” and kay range are the same thing...just one note each.

Each Keybank corresponds to a single mono or stereo sample, and in your case you’ve elected to have them playable over only a single note “range”. That doesn’t make the terms “Keybank” and “key range” equivalent.

alanb -

All 4 “key banks” could reside in one Waveform....but they are not. Each key bank has it’s own Waveform.....

It would probably be somewhat more accurate to say that each of your four Waveforms has a single Keybank.

alanb -

How do I get multiple key banks into one Waveform?......

When samples are associated with a User Drum Voice, the default is to have a single Waveform per key in the kit. However, using an Integrated Sampling Job the Keybanks in three of the four Waveforms can be copied to the first Waveform if desired. Then the other three could be deleted.

alanb -

or is this even necessary?…

As long as each sample corresponds to a distinct Keybank, and the key range is correct, it will work whether the samples are in one or multiple Waveforms.

alanb -

am I using up more flashboard space than I need to?....is there a limit to the number of Waveforms?

Or am I just completely making no sense at all.....

You’re mostly making sense.

Per flash module (no matter the size), the maximum number of Waveforms is 2048, Samples 8192. There are pluses and minuses to having one Waveform with multiple Keybanks versus separate Waveforms each with a single Keybank.

You might find this thread interesting:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470600/

There’s also this support article:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/drum_kit_loop_tutorial

I’ve attached a zipped “All voice” file, “1Waveform_4Keybank.n3.X3V.zip”. The Voices are factory ones, except User Drum B16, which is “WinWavs C3-D#3”, for which I initialized a kit and created a single Waveform which has four Keybanks. C3, C#3, D3, and D#3 play samples Windows users will likely recognize. If interested, you could load that one kit - the samples are in USR - and see what I did with key range for each Keybank, etc.

File Attachments
1Waveform_4Keybank.n3.X3V.zip  (File Size: 448KB - Downloads: 161)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2018 @ 09:50 AM
alanb
Joined  02-15-2009

Thank you again....I really appreciate it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2018 @ 05:36 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
alanb - 01 March 2018 09:50 AM

Thank you again....I really appreciate it.

You’re welcome - no problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Vocoder
Next Topic:

wah manual? vcm pedal wah ››