mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Strange key action on XF8?"

Posted on: February 21, 2018 @ 09:34 PM
JGB
Total Posts:  1
Joined  02-21-2018

Hi all. I’m a long-time reader of this forum but first-time poster. Got my first pro keyboard in 1989. It was a SY-55. I still have it and it still works. (Yamaha builds these keyboards like tanks!) My main board has been a MO8 for the last 10 years or so. It too is a well-built machine. I recently bought a used XF8 that will eventually replace the MO8 (although I have not been able to bring myself to part with it yet).

I have noticed some strange key action on the XF8 and wondering if anyone else has seen this or knows what is causing it. Three keys (A4, D5, and E5) seem to have a little extra front/aft freeplay to them. What I mean by this is that if I look down the front edge of the keybed, these keys can sometimes stick out in front of their neighboring keys. The amount that they stick out is less than the thickness of a dime and they can easily be pushed forward so that they align with the others. As far as the action is concerned, they are noisier than the other keys too. There’s something like a faint clicking sound coming from underneath the keybed when rapidly pressing and releasing those keys. Other than that the velocity and aftertouch responses seem fine.

Anyway, does anyone know if this is something to worry about? And is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Wanted: XF Voice programmer.
Next Topic:

Help!!! Motif XF firmware update not working ››