mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "how to assign volume to assign knobs 1&2;on my MX61"

Posted on: January 24, 2018 @ 10:21 PM
morty
Total Posts:  154
Joined  02-14-2007

since Im using a lot of layers id like different volumes assigned to each assign knobs 1&2;Ive tried to find out how to do it in manuals don’t know where to look it seems complicated to me

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2018 @ 01:51 AM
yamoho
Total Posts:  18
Joined  03-18-2013

I haven’t been able to find a way to do this directly on the keyboard, but there are 2 options, both of which I use depending on the situation.

1) If you have a Mac, you can buy Mainstage, only $30, and you can assign the knobs to whatever you want, as well as some (not all) of the buttons on the MX. But then you also need to take your Mac with you if you are performing.

2) On pgs. 41-42 of the REFERENCE MANUAL, you can use “Performance Part Select,” description starts on p. 41. Moving to p. 42, as you scroll to subsequent pages, you arrive at a page which has a volume control for all 16 voices of the performance you are editing. It’s a little awkward, as you have to scroll horizontally to the voice you want to edit and then adjust the volume with the [DATA] dial, but it’s the only way I have found to adjust volumes in real time…

Ref Manual here:

MX Reference Manual

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2018 @ 06:55 PM
morty
Joined  02-14-2007

Hi Yamaha

You can do it with the MX 61 by assigning volume to
assign knob 1 but how to change the CCs?....I have an editor
Called Vycro MX Performance Editor but not sure how to
Manipulate it yet

Also don’t have a Mac but a PC the Vycro MX Pro was free
Download,...if it’s complicated I’ll check out Mainstage
With the Vycro MX Pro you can edit and store back into
The MX 61 user,so don’t need a pc live

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2018 @ 05:06 PM
yamoho
Total Posts:  18
Joined  03-18-2013

I also use the Vycro editor, very convenient for editing performances, it opens up lots of capabilities that the MX has but can’t access via the front panel. However, I don’t think you can use if for reassigning any control on the MX. It’s very good for editing any parameter within the keyboard itself, which is a lot, or even turning on/off MIDI control msgs, for example, using an external foot controller to control the volume on only one voice within a performance. Even though you can do via the front panel, it’s a lot easier with Vycro. Like I said, the only two options that I have found were the two I mentioned above. I know that there is a way to reassign knobs on the MOX to do this, but I don’t see how on the MX. Let me know if you discover a way to do it!

BTW- my handle is YAMOHO…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2018 @ 08:37 PM
morty
Joined  02-14-2007

Sorry Yahomo if I can’t get it to work I’ll look into
Main stage

[ Ignore ]