mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Safely deleting a previously recorded song"

Posted on: January 02, 2018 @ 08:28 PM
Steve Michaels
Total Posts:  49
Joined  08-15-2006

How do I safely delete a song I have recorded and saved without deleting any other of my saved songs?

Thanks,

Steve

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2018 @ 08:51 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Steve Michaels - 02 January 2018 08:28 PM

How do I safely delete a song I have recorded and saved without deleting any other of my saved songs?

Rather than SAVED (in a file), do you mean STORED to the Motif’s internal memory? If STORED, then the Clear Song Job can be used.

Although you posted to the XF forum, your member profile indicates that you have an ES. If that’s correct, then see 03: Clear Song on page 233 of the ES Owner’s Manual. (Song Job mode information begins on page 226.)

You might want to SAVE an “All Song” file before clearing anything, as protection against any possible mishaps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2018 @ 09:08 PM
Steve Michaels
Joined  08-15-2006

It is saved to my external hard drive under “All Songs.”

Thanks,

Steve

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2018 @ 09:11 PM
Steve Michaels
Joined  08-15-2006

Also if you know the answer to my other post about taking several recorded tracks and mixing them down onto one track to free up additional tracks for recording

Thank you,

Steve

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2018 @ 09:55 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Steve Michaels - 02 January 2018 09:08 PM

It is saved to my external hard drive under “All Songs.”

You could start by backing up the Songs currently in your ES. Then load the file from the hard drive, use Clear Song as desired, then save another “All Song” (W7S) file. When done, reload the backup if you want to restore the previous Songs.

Alternatively, you could use third party file software.

[ Ignore ]