mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Question about separating backing track music from click track"

Posted on: November 29, 2017 @ 12:22 AM
dquan81
Total Posts:  4
Joined  08-06-2017

Hello, I am using my Motif XF to create a sequence/backing track for a friend who’s going to perform for his wife at his wedding.  I have built many sequences over the past 10 years in various bands that I’ve been in but I’ve always used my Motifs to run the sequences by sending all of the music tracks out through the left channel and sending the click to the drummer through channel 10 and assigning it to “assignable output L”. However, in this situation, I will not be at the wedding. I am just creating the backing track and sending it to him. So what I need to know is, how can I record the sequence and the click track to one file but have the click separate from the music that the crowd will hear? I am using an Alesis ProTrack Digital recorder to record the file to my iPod.

Thanks advance for any help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2017 @ 10:24 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

You could render a single stereo audio file with all your music panned hard left and your click panned hard right.

Hard panning means panned all the way left or right as far as your pan controls will allow.  The result is that sounds panned hard left will only come out of the left output and sounds panned hard right will only come out of the right output.

You (or the band) will need to play the file back on a device with separate left and right analogue outputs so that they can be sent to the right destinations / musicans individually (like your Motif has).  The iPod only has a single stereo mini jack output if the plan was to use that at the gig, so it wouldn’t do as it is.  Using an output splitter might work nicely.

Be careful of stereo fx such as reverb because it can smear things back to sounding stereo and make parts of your music come out of both left and right channels.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Programming a computer to send MIDI to the MOX
Next Topic:

Transpose scene ››