mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Midi sysex message voice names"

Posted on: August 22, 2017 @ 01:37 PM
Avrantinis
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-02-2009

Hi there,
I’m working on a software midi controller for motif xs, through midi sysex messages, in performance mode.
Everything is working great but it will be amazing if I could “grab” voice’s and arpeggio’s names through a midi sysex message.
Is there any possible way?
Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2017 @ 05:12 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Houseway - 22 August 2017 01:37 PM

[...] it will be amazing if I could “grab” voice’s and arpeggio’s names through a midi sysex message.
Is there any possible way?
Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, there’s no simple way via MIDI SysEx to obtain the names of Voices or Arps used in the Parts of a Performance.

Through use of Bulk Dump Request messages, extracting certain data, and cross-referencing with lists, the information could be had, but it’s not simplistic.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 24, 2017 @ 03:37 PM
Avrantinis
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-02-2009

Thanks for replying,
I figured out how to request parameters and voice/performance name, one at a time, not easy but at least possible. But i cant’t figure how to request bulk message for all voices or performances names. Not easy to understand the structure of bulk messages.
Plus, I’ve made a list of all Arpeggios and I’m able to pick up the name by the corresponding sysex number but what about User Arpeggios names.
Any help?
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Lowest note bass
Next Topic:

How to setup for quick recording AND DAW ››