mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "WX5 Breathe Control Volume w/ Motif XS and MFC10"

Posted on: July 25, 2017 @ 11:47 PM
MVI1970
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-25-2017

I purchased this set up from Patchman Music which also included their Volume Voices USR 1,2 & 3. My question is why do voices ie) Patchman USR 2, 041 thru 112 have breathe control volume (blow hard and volume increases) and most all of the rest do not - especially the Motif’s PRE 1-8 Voices. What can be done to make the volume responsive to breathe control?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2017 @ 08:14 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

I suspect that the Yamaha XS Voices don’t concentrate on Breath Control (MIDI CC#2) because the XS models don’t have a Breath Controller input.

I suggest that you examine the Patchman Voices to see how they are programmed. The Parameters to look at are those of the Controller Set - Source, Destination, and Depth - in particular where Source is set to “Breath”.

On the Rack XS itself, those Parameters are covered on page 71 of the Owner’s Manual. Begin with Controlling a Voice with Controller Set on pages 44-45 of the Rack XS Owner’ Manual.

The Yamaha Motif-Rack XS Editor would likely make access to those Parameters easier.

Also see http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xs_working_with_and_understanding_physical_controllers (Specifically for the keyboard version of the XS, but basics can be applied to the Rack.)

In addition, the WX5 itself can be set up to control Volume or Expression instead of Breath. See Setup Switch Settings in the WX5 Owner’s Manual, specifically those for Wind Sensor to MIDI Data. Whether the result will be satisfactory for your needs depends on the programming of the Voice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2017 @ 04:43 PM
MVI1970
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-25-2017

Thanks for taking the time to reply:)

I’ll give your suggestions a try and let everyone know.  I did go into UTILITY / CONTROLLER / then BC (breathe control) Dialed 1-95 and it didn’t make a difference for volume responsiveness.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2017 @ 05:32 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
MVI1970 - 27 July 2017 04:43 PM

Thanks for taking the time to reply:)

You’re welcome.

MVI1970 -

Ill give your suggestions a try and let everyone know.

OK.

MVI1970 -

I did go into UTILITY / CONTROLLER / then BC (breathe control) Dialed 1-95 and it didn’t make a difference for volume responsiveness.

As you found out, that isn’t what’s required. The standard/default for BC is CC#2, and unless you want a different controller to function for Breath Control, that shouldn’t be changed.

Proper programming of the Controller Set Parameters will result in what you want.

[ Ignore ]