mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Issue with 80s Pop/rock volume I & II on Motif XS Rack"

Posted on: July 25, 2017 @ 06:23 PM
Claudio_M
Total Posts:  7
Joined  07-08-2017

I’ve recently purchased Playkeyz 80s Pop/rock volume I and 80s Pop/rock volume II for my unit Motif XS Rack.
I wondered if any of you who bought the sound libraries for the Rack (.X1E files) had the same my problem: I noticed that some arp patches, for example “Take Me Home Mallet”, “Lucky” don’t produce any sound.
I imported the arp voices with Motif xs rack editor, but I was unable to play anything. I notice if I go in Edit menu and switch arp OFF I can hear the sound patches. On the contrary if I switch arp ON (with Arp select 1) the arp doesn’t start. The arp stars if I selct Arp 2, 3 or 4 but it isn’t the arp I expected such as the ones in Phil Collins or Madonna songs.
What am I doing wrong?
Could it depend for the incompatibility with performances?

Tryed to contact Rick about this problem but I still have not received the reply.

Thank you in advance.
Claudio

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 25, 2017 @ 09:11 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Claudio_M - 25 July 2017 06:23 PM

I’ve recently purchased Playkeyz 80s Pop/rock volume I and 80s Pop/rock volume II for my unit Motif XS Rack.
I wondered if any of you who bought the sound libraries for the Rack (.X1E files) had the same my problem: I noticed that some arp patches, for example “Take Me Home Mallet”, “Lucky” don’t produce any sound.

I don’t have the Rack XS version, but the two Voices you mentioned are, respectively, USER3 F06 and B15 in the Volume II library for the Motif XS. User Arp 001 is required for “Lucky”, while User Arp 002 is for “Take Me Home Mallet”. You could check that assignment.

From your description, it seems that the User Arps didn’t load from the .X1E file.

Where did you get the file?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2017 @ 04:12 PM
Claudio_M
Total Posts:  7
Joined  07-08-2017

I get the files from Rick.
Some day ago I sent him an email and he told me he always sell the soundsets through paypal. I paid to and he emailed me the files for Motif XS Rack.
I guess it’s impossible to load the user arps because the Motif Rack XS has no ability to create user arpeggio data and has no user arp locations like Motif XS has.
Do you think it might be the cause of the problem?
According to you is there a way to solve the issue, for example with John Melas utilities or something else?
Thank you as always.
Claudio

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 26, 2017 @ 05:08 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Claudio_M - 26 July 2017 04:12 PM

I get the files from Rick.
Some day ago I sent him an email and he told me he always sell the soundsets through paypal. I paid to and he emailed me the files for Motif XS Rack.

Was there any documentation included? If so, does it address the problem with those two Voices? Rick should be aware of this.

Claudio_M -

I guess it’s impossible to load the user arps because the Motif Rack XS has no ability to create user arpeggio data and has no user arp locations like Motif XS has.

I sometimes forget which features of the Motif XS aren’t included in the Rack.

Claudio_M -

Do you think it might be the cause of the problem?

Yes, if the Voice is expecting a User Arp. Look at the Arp 1 assignment for the problematic Voices.

Claudio_M -

According to you is there a way to solve the issue, for example with John Melas utilities or something else?

The only thing I can think of is if there’s a preset Arp that’s close enough.

Claudio_M -

Thank you as always.

You’re welcome.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Firewire Card for motif xs rack
Next Topic:

WX5 Breathe Control Volume w/ Motif XS and MFC10 ››