mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Ran out of space for songs"

Posted on: July 19, 2017 @ 01:39 AM
jpenns
Total Posts:  1
Joined  07-19-2017

I’m trying to record a bunch of songs for long term use. The problem is I’m running out of both storage space, and song slots, it seems. Is there a limitation of 64 songs? Cause I can’t seem to go above that.

I’d like to be able to free space up somehow, or buy something to add space, or save songs on a USB, but I don’t want to save them as audio on the USB, it needs to be MIDI.

Please help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2017 @ 02:14 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jpenns - 19 July 2017 01:39 AM

I’m trying to record a bunch of songs for long term use. The problem is I’m running out of both storage space, and song slots, it seems. Is there a limitation of 64 songs? Cause I can’t seem to go above that.

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, the XF’s sequencer is limited to internally storing 64 Songs (and 64 Patterns).

jpenns -

I’d like to be able to free space up somehow, or buy something to add space, or save songs on a USB, but I don’t want to save them as audio on the USB, it needs to be MIDI.

There’s no way to add space. The number of available Song locations can’t be changed, and the sequencer memory can’t be increased.

You could save an “all song” file to USB, which saves all the Songs in Motif format. You can also save individual Songs as Type 0 SMFs (Standard MIDI Files). Individual Songs, or all 64, can be cleared (deleted) from the XF’s memory. Loading of Songs from USB is relatively fast, and specific individual Songs can be loaded from an “all song” file.

If you need assistance with any of that, just ask.

[ Ignore ]