mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording two Motifs sequencer on Cubase AI6"

Posted on: July 07, 2017 @ 07:06 PM
Lepianist
Total Posts:  14
Joined  08-17-2008

Is it possible to record (MIDI Only) on Cubase AI6, simultaneously two Motifs (XF and XS) each playing in Pattern Mode 4 tracks and synchronized with one another; that is Cubase AI would be the Master and the Motifs the slaves; from Cubase I could start, stop, rewind, record, FFW, mute etc. any or all tracks of either Motif’s sequencer.
If anyone knows how to do it please let me know I would greatly appreciate it as I don’t.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 10, 2017 @ 08:55 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Lepianist - 07 July 2017 07:06 PM

Is it possible to record (MIDI Only) on Cubase AI6, simultaneously two Motifs (XF and XS) each playing in Pattern Mode 4 tracks and synchronized with one another; that is Cubase AI would be the Master and the Motifs the slaves; from Cubase I could start, stop, rewind, record, FFW, mute etc. any or all tracks of either Motif’s sequencer.
If anyone knows how to do it please let me know I would greatly appreciate it as I don’t.

You should try this:
Cubase can send MTC to any MIDI port. Use this section to specify the MIDI ports to which
MTC is routed. Devices that can lock to MTC will chase Cubase’s timecode position.
Both Motifs should be connected to computer via USB and both MIDI devices should be activated in Cubase “Device setup > MIDI Port Setup”.
Than in Cubase select “Transport > Project Synchronization Setup”. Choose “MIDI Clock Destinations”.
You should see there both Motifs’ MIDI drivers and select both.
Also check option “MIDI Clock Follows Project Position” to ensure that the MIDI clock device follows Cubase when looping, locating, or jumping while playing.
Now you should in MIDI tracks activate recording button for both keyboards or you could try with one MIDI track set to “All MIDI Inputs”.
Hope that’s this could help you.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 14, 2017 @ 03:21 PM
Lepianist
Total Posts:  14
Joined  08-17-2008

Hi Alex,
I really want to thank you for your detailed reply. Unfortunately I haven’t got the time yet to try your instructions, but as soon as I do I will let you know how it goes.
Thank you so much for your help.
Lepianist

UPDATE to my last message.....

Hi Alex,
I did try your instructions and everything worked perfectly. You definitely are a “GURU”.
Thanks again
Lepianist

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Help Loading Vintage Keys and B’s Knees on MOXF8
Next Topic:

XF to MOXF ››