mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "User preset View"

Posted on: June 28, 2017 @ 11:29 AM
dwlafferty
Total Posts:  4
Joined  06-19-2017

Hi,
I’m a new MOXF8 owner and new to this wonderful forum.  I’m trying to find a way to get a scroll-able view of user preset voices so I can see all available voices at any time (like the favorites bank), but I also want the flexibility of ordering the voices that the user preset bank has.  Is this possible?  thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2017 @ 12:35 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
dwlafferty - 28 June 2017 11:29 AM

Hi,
I’m a new MOXF8 owner and new to this wonderful forum.

Welcome to the forum.

dwlafferty -

I’m trying to find a way to get a scroll-able view of user preset voices so I can see all available voices at any time (like the favorites bank), but I also want the flexibility of ordering the voices that the user preset bank has.  Is this possible?  thanks!

First, we need to clarify terminology, so that we’re talking about the same thing..

There are no “user preset voices”, nor a “user preset bank”. The MOXF has nine Preset Voice Banks, PRE1~PRE9 - Voices in those banks are permanent, they can’t be edited, initialized, or overwritten. There are three User Voice Banks, USR1~USR3 - those Voices can be edited, initialized, or overwritten.

I suggest that you look at the MOXF6/MOXF8 Editor Standalone/VST version appropriate for you computer platform and OS. You’ll also need the correct Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver. They can be found at:
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_production/synthesizers/moxf/downloads.html

The Editor will allow you to see what’s in each bank, and to reorder those in the User Voice banks, among other things.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2017 @ 11:27 AM
dwlafferty
Joined  06-19-2017

Thank you, however what I’m trying to do is see a scroll-able selection of voices in a user voice bank while I’m playing a gig (as opposed to seeing one voice at a time). Similar to the view that you get when you press the favorite button and see 5 voices at a time and can scroll.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2017 @ 12:44 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
dwlafferty - 30 June 2017 11:27 AM

Thank you, however what I’m trying to do is see a scroll-able selection of voices in a user voice bank while I’m playing a gig (as opposed to seeing one voice at a time). Similar to the view that you get when you press the favorite button and see 5 voices at a time and can scroll.

Based on your post, I presume you want such a scrollable display of User Voices from a particular bank to be shown on the MOXF itself. If so, that’s not available.

There are a few ways to organize Voices so that they can be called up fairly rapidly during a gig. If you would provide some further insight into what your needs are, we can probably make some helpful suggestions. For example, how many Voices would you typically need to access per gig? Would they be in order, or at random? Would they be from a particular category, such as acoustic piano, etc?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2017 @ 12:57 PM
dwlafferty
Joined  06-19-2017

Typically I only use about 5-10 voices in a gig.  I just dump them into Favorites and scroll to the one I want before each song.  I’d love to hear what other users do, particularly to encourage a bigger variety of voice use doing a gig.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2017 @ 01:08 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Using a Song or Pattern Mixing is a common method for rapid access to up to 16 Voices at a time. Each Mixing can cover another 16 Voices. See:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_a_moxf_mixing_program_for_quick_access_to_multiple_sounds_in_a_live_s

You might also find this interesting:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/471738/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2017 @ 01:37 PM
dwlafferty
Joined  06-19-2017

Awesome, thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2017 @ 01:15 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
dwlafferty - 30 June 2017 01:37 PM

Awesome, thank you!

You’re welcome.

By the way, you might also want to store Mixing Voices in Mixings created for gigs. That way, any custom-edited Voices can be stored without using any of the User Voice locations, and will be ready for gigging.

This article, although based on the Motif XS, is basically applicable to the MOXF:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/mix_voice_bank_mixv

Also see the Mixing Voice Edit section of the MOXF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/60478), beginning on page 122.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Record Arp into cubase...?
Next Topic:

Problem with Yamaha Steinberg USB driver ››